8 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
This is not a remote role; onsite availability is required.
Santa Monica Studio is seeking a Systems Administrator to join our team to support end users and systems in our production environment, data center infrastructure, ensuring availability and performance of business-critical services.
You love staying up to date on the latest trends and use your technical wizardry to solve complex problems. Your customer service skills are top notch and you flourish in a deadline-driven, collaborative environment.
- Assist with data center management, including servers, storage, virtualization, networking and implementing data center best practices.
- Act as a liaison across teams to ensure IT infrastructure and services align with business requirements.
- Regularly assess IT infrastructure and provide recommendations to enhance performance and stability.
- Maintain enterprise storage systems, including hardware/firmware upgrades, volume management and performance tuning.
- Develop and automate regular patching mechanisms for Windows and Linux servers.
- Manage configuration management system for Linux and Mac.
- Serve as escalation point for advanced desktop issues.
- Document system configuration, workflow, network diagrams.
- Available to work varying hours, on-call shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Provide mentorship to more junior team members.
- Well-versed in configuring and supporting computer hardware; desktops and servers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS.
- Proficiency with NAS device management and optimization.
- DNS and DHCP management (via Infoblox is a plus).
- Proficiency with remote management and monitoring tools.
- Networking experience is a plus.
- Linux configuration management is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of relevant IT experience in a similar role.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.