10 days ago
Blackbird Interactive is looking for a Systems Administrator to join our growing studio.
Are you passionate about IT and enthusiastic about learning and implementing new technologies? Are you always looking for ways to improve your environment and eager to find creative solutions to complex problems? Our small and mighty IT department needs you!
- Monitoring and maintaining a virtualized infrastructure on VMWare
- Some management of IP ethernet LAN, including DHCP and DNS server management as well as firewall and VPN configuration
- Some server and file share management Windows Server 2012 R2 and Server 2016
- Finding best practice solutions to ongoing continuous improvement efforts
- Coordinating, planning, and implementing systems to address new studio needs
- Maintaining communications and documentation with the rest of the IT team
- Act as an escalation point and occasional mentor for junior IT team members
- Strong experience with the following technologies:
Windows Active Directory and Group Policy administration
TCP/IP networking and administration including firewall and VPN administration
VMWare or MS Hyper-V based virtualized system infrastructures
Windows Server 2012 R2 and Server 2016
SNMP monitoring and alerting systems
Backup and storage administration
- Excellent communication skills including written and spoken English
- Experience and interest in DevOps, database administration, data analytics, Azure/AWS, rendering, and/or software revision control systems is a bonus.
At Blackbird, we're all about being true to our roots. We started small in our CEO's garage, and even though we're expanding, our desire is to stick to that foundation of creativity, community, and collaboration. Our team has proved that great ideas can come from any position in any discipline, so it's important to us to make sure every voice is heard.
Work/life balance is extremely important to us, and we've demonstrated that over the years by severely limiting over-time requirements. We want people to be happy about coming to work every day, and to that end we offer lots of opportunities for growth and development; whether it's lunch and learns, team events, or our generous vacation days, paid holiday closure and flexible schedules. We also try to provide every opportunity possible for our employees to spearhead R&D initiatives through our BlackOps program. In short, don't expect to feel like a cog in a machine working for BBI.
Due to COVID-19, applicants must be eligible to work in Canada, or currently in Canada on a work permit/visa. With the exception of specifically on-site roles, all roles will commence as a work-from-home arrangement. This arrangement will be revisited as COVID-19 government regulations are eased.
Please send a cover letter with your resume and application. If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
If you are interested in the role, please apply even if your experience and skills don’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.