Systems Administrator - Command Center
Shanghai Shanghai cn
19 days ago
The NOC administrator is responsible for ensuring maximum possible service availability and performance by monitoring the whole infrastructure, acting upon alerts or incidents via troubleshooting methods and resolving and/or escalating them. He is also responsible for internal communications on any activities performed on the infrastructure as well as unplanned downtime or degradation. The reliability and health of the monitoring platform lies on him as well.
The main responsibilities and routine tasks of the NOC Administrator are to:
- Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
- Identify and apply corrective measures to prevent any type of service degradation or outage;
- Initiate the incident management process in the cases where an incident cannot be resolved;
- Perform thorough technical analysis of any incident on Microsoft, Linux, network infrastructure, and in-house systems then apply corrective measures;
- Work closely with the monitoring specialists in order to continually improve the accuracy and reliability of our monitoring systems;
- Respond, prioritize and resolve any incident tickets;
- Determine the exact impacts of an incident from the end-user stand-point;
- Perform root cause analysis on on-going or past incidents and suggest corrective or preventive measures;
- Communicate internally the impacts related to any incident or maintenance;
- Escalate or liaise with other teams/departments when necessary in order to resolve an incident;
- Identify service restoration automation opportunities and apply automated response via scripted methods;
- Maintain documentation regarding configuration, operation and troubleshooting procedures related to Microsoft, Linux and in-house platforms;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- A college degree in Network Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in an infrastructure technical support or helpdesk role
- 2+ years of experience in IT operations, NOC experience is highly recommended
- Ability to stay focused in stressful situations;
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and simply in any kind of situation;
- Must be a self-starter that requires only limited supervision/guidance;
- Ability to take initiative and find creative solutions to problems;
- Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly;
- Able to work efficiently during non-standard shifts (Evening, Night, Weekends);
- Must be driven by challenges;
- Must be interested in learning new technologies in a fast-paced environment;
Must have :
- Strong English communication skills;
- Some knowledge of Redhat or CentOS;
- Fundamental understanding of recent Windows Server environments (2008, 2012, 2016);
- Knowledge of managing firewall rules;
- Familiarity with scripting;
- Willingness to learn monitoring tools (such as Zabbix, Grafana, Splunk).
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Event Management and Incident Management
- Knowledge of Major Incident Management principles
- Experience scripting with PowerShell
- Experience configuring network components
- Knowledge of CDN and Akamai
Please note that only English resumes will be read.
We guarantee you’ll enjoy our atmosphere and working environment.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people across the globe. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.