Montreal QC ca
12 days ago
We are now looking for experienced System Programmers to design, implement and refine the game experience we provide our users. In this role, you will be an integral part of the development team and will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the different basic functionalities in craft, optimization and adaptation from a platform to other ones.
What will you do ?
- Code in C++ engine-related items ;
- Optimize both memory and performance in systems that have to scale from high-end to mobile systems ;
- Diagnose and solve common problems - such as load times, memory usage and performance problems - to improve the robustness of the engine ;
- Work closely with cross-displine teams including programmers, designers, animators and artists ;
- Optimize the game code taking into account that some of our games will be live and online ones ;
- Be an active participant to our code review's process.
- 5+ years of experience as a Programmer in the game industry
- Strong skills in C++ programming and multithreading
- Experience in many different engineering areas with a special attention given to low-level code and deep optimization
- Well versed in software engineering principles, especially API design
- Strong understanding of how a game engine work and of editor concepts
- Familiarity with development tools and profiling on modern systems, inclusing PC, console and mobile
- Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, keeping the right balance between usability, performance, reliability and power
Would be considered as assets :
- Development experience with Unreal
- Development experience with Windows
- Experience in physical effect programming of games
- Experience in streaming and downloading dynamic assets and levels
- Experience in creation of automated video game test systems
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity and diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualifications, and competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or disability. The masculine is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 600 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s games have reached more than 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by DaylightTM, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Netflix, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more. For more information: bhvr.com.