This job might no longer be available.
System & Operations Specialist (DevOps)
1 month ago
The Metal as a Service (MaaS) Team provides a single point of entry for Ubisoft’s internal baremetal server requests through its cloud-like environment hosted in private datacenters. The team deploys, manages & monitors the metal environment using automation scripts and emerging technologies.
The System & Operations Specialist ensure stability, performance and success of physical machines deployment tools using CI/CD, cloud-native solution architecture, application monitoring and more ( infrastructure as code ).
- Design, build, deploy, monitor and maintain various configurations and deployment tools for physical servers working with DevOps best practices to establish designs and build a system that is scalable, stable and efficient;
- Prepare, configure, test, deploy, manage and enhance the integration and continuous deployment systems CI/CD automate deployment of infrastructure with tools like Ansible and GIT;
- Manage & deploy micro-services using containers;
- Participate in the design and execution of infrastructure load tests;
- Diagnose and correct anomalies (i.e.: harvest and analysis of metrics and logs);
- Assist with imaging physical machines;
- Implement and maintain architectures for different types of projects, while being responsible the game deployment guides and document the implementation and technical specifications of the network and server infrastructure;
- Participate in the evaluation and integration of new technologies, in ensuring quality reliability and reusability of systems and procedures and best practices;
- Keep up to date on DevOps trends and technologies.
Training and relevant experience
- Experience with system administration in large-scale infrastructure: GNU/Linux server and networking concepts such asOOBM, NAT, Proxy, TCP / IP;
- Experience with DevOps, having worked with scripting languages such as Python, Golang, BASH, Powershell, configuration management with tools like Ansible, Docker and Kubernetes and experience with GitOps methodologies with knowledge of Gitlab and GitHub;
- Experience with RAID cards and their configurations.
Skills and knowledges
- Proactivity, dynamism, autonomy, organization and motivation for new challenges;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Good communication skills and bilingualism French and English is required both orally and in writing.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement and a supportive learning environment.