This job might no longer be available.
System & Operations Specialist (DevOps)
Montreal QC ca
14 days ago
The Metal as a Service (MaaS) Team provides a single point of entry for Ubisoft’s internal baremetal server requests through its cloud-like environment hosted in private datacenters. The team deploys, manages & monitors the metal environment using automation scripts and emerging technologies.
The System & Operations Specialist ensures the stability, performance and success of physical machines deployment tools using CI/CD, cloud-native solution architecture, application monitoring and more ( infrastructure as code ).
- Design, build, deploy, monitor and maintain various configurations and deployment tools for physical machines;
- Work with DevOps best practices to implement CI/CD pipelines to design and build systems that are scalable, stable and efficient;
- Prepare recipes for automating the deployment of the infrastructure (ex: Ansible, GIT);
- Prepare, configure, test, deploy, manage and enhance the integration and continuous deployment systems (CI/CD);
- Manage & deploy micro-services using containers;
- Participate in the design and execution of infrastructure load tests;
- Diagnose and correct anomalies (i.e.: harvest and analysis of metrics and log);
- Assist with imaging physical machines;
- Repair and maintain operating system deployment tools;
- Implement and maintain the game deployment guides and document the implementation and technical specifications of the network and server infrastructures;
- Analyze and suggest the implementation of an infrastructure architecture for different types of projects;
- Participate in peer review, quality, reliability and reusability of systems and procedures;
- Participate in the evaluation and integration of new technologies and best practices;
- Keep up-to-date on DevOps trends and technologies.
Training and relevant experience
- 1 to 5 years experience in computer science or any other field deemed relevant.
- Diploma in Computer Science or other equivalent training.
- Experience with system administration: GNU / Linux server, Windows server (an asset) and networking concepts (OOBM, NAT, Proxy, TCP / IP, etc.);
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python, Golang, BASH, Powershell;
- Experience with Configuration Management such as Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes;
- Good knowledge of Gitlab, GitHub (CI/CD);
- Experience with GitOps methodology;
- Experience working with a large-scale infrastructures;
- Experience with RAID cards and their configurations.
Skills and knowledges :
- Proactivity, dynamism, autonomy, organization and motivation for new challenges;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Good communication skills (French and English, written and spoken).
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement and a supportive learning environment.