System Designer - Unannounced Survival Game
5 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:System Designer - Unannounced Survival Game
We Want You
A new world and a new journey await you. It is a world different from any other Blizzard has created.
If you’re a passionate game developer, and, well, a good human being, then we’d love to talk to you. We have a new AAA survival game in the works, set in a new IP for PC/Console. It’s going to be amazing, and we’d love to bring you along for the ride.
Together, we’ll build something big, bold, and beautiful.
As a systems designer on the team, you will deploy a style of problem-solving focused on rules-based features and their interactions, to create rich gameplay without relying entirely on handcrafted content. You’ll help both to detail out design frameworks assembled by senior staff, and work on the frontlines to implement them.
In the end, you will see your work reflected in rich, expressive gameplay that affords the player meaningful choice and consequence, enabling players to experience stories truly their own.
We need your help with:
- Supporting senior design staff with hands-on implementation, working together to realize complex designs by ensuring the game behaves the way it is designed to even in extraordinary circumstances.
- Expanding design briefs into complete specifications, turning over every stone and considering every possibility until no questions remain, technical or otherwise.
- Championing the diverse range of players we aim to delight in deliberate, effective ways.
- Embracing Blizzard's core value of "Every voice matters," creating a safe space for collaboration, communication, and creativity across all disciplines and departments.
You’re good at:
- Pitching game design concepts in a clear, detailed manner, through strong written and verbal skills.
- Advocating for the player in all contexts, tailoring your message to the audience.
- Using in-engine data and scripting tools to support implementation of your own features.
- Rapid prototyping to test the feasibility of concepts.
- Self-critiquing and accepting outside feedback.
- Being self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with AAA game engines such as Unreal, Unity, CryEngine, or Source
- A strong foundation in math, analytics, economics, sociology, psychology or user research
- Knowledge of Google Sheets and/or Microsoft Excel
- Well-considered documentation philosophies, or strategies to evangelize your designs
- Playing a variety of video game genres and titles.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model, and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
Remote Policy: We are open to permanent remote work possibilities
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.