This job might no longer be available.
System Designer, AI
10 days ago
Job Title:System Designer, AI
Senior Game Designer - AI
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Melbourne, Australia – we’re the videogame development team behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty®: WWII. Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
As we head into decade II of development, we’re focused on constantly evolving, innovating, and taking risks – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering, and art teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it’s like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
As a Senior Game Designer - AI, you will be an owner and leader of AI features on the team. You will own major gameplay systems and determine changes or improvements to the game. While partnering with the lead designer, you will help set high quality standards and expectations across the team.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Work alongside the design team to ensure a cohesive gameplay experience.
- Work with the lead designer to set standards and expectations within the design team.
- Own and become the feature lead for major AI systems within the game.
- Conceptualize, pitch, and iterate on designs with the dev team.
- Actively debate design concepts, systems, and mechanics with the design team.
- Prototype, implement, and tune designs and concepts using in-house tools within time frames provided.
- Work with artists, engineers, animators, and audio experts to bring designs to life.
- Constantly iterate on game mechanics and game systems to find the fun based on user feedback, analytics, and design goals.
- Refine gameplay above and beyond expectations to execution excellence.
- 5+ years of experience designing games.
- 5+ years of scripting AI experiences
- Previous experience working on a FPS title as a systems/game designer
- Passion for games and fun interactive gameplay
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.