This job might no longer be available.
Montreal QC ca
12 days ago
The Command Center team monitors all of Ubisoft’s IT including Online games, Corporate services and more. As a System administrator, you will be responsible for ensuring maximum possible service availability and performance by monitoring the whole infrastructure, acting upon alerts or incidents through troubleshooting methods and resolving and/or escalating them. You will also be responsible for internal communications on any activities performed on the infrastructure, as well as unplanned downtime or degradation. The reliability and health of the monitoring platform lies on you as well.
- Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
- Identify and apply corrective measures to prevent any type of service degradation or outage;
- Initiate the incident management process in the cases where an incident cannot be prevented;
- Perform thorough technical analysis of any incident on Microsoft, Linux, network infrastructure, and in-house systems and apply corrective measures;
- Work closely with the monitoring team in order to continually improve the accuracy and reliability of our monitoring systems;
- Respond, prioritize and resolve any incident tickets and determine the exact impacts of an incident from the user stand-point;
- Perform root cause analysis on on-going or past incidents and suggest corrective or preventive measures;
- Communicate internally the impacts related to any incident or maintenance;
- Escalate or liaise with other teams/departments when necessary in order to resolve an incident;
- Identify service restoration, automation opportunities and apply automated response through scripted methods;
- Maintain documentation regarding configuration, operation and troubleshooting procedures related to Microsoft, Linux and in-house platforms.
Training and relevant experience
- DEC in network administration or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field;
- 3+ years of experience in an infrastructure technical support role or in IT operations (NOC experience is highly recommended).
Skills and knowledge
- Intermediate knowledge of Linux CLI;
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows Servers Platform;
- Intermediate knowledge of Networking configurations(Firewall, DNS);
- Being familiar with monitoring solutions (nice to have);
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and simply on any kind of situation;
- Ability to take initiative and find creative solutions to problems;
- Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly;
- Able to work efficiently during non-standard shifts.
Skills and knowledge can come in various forms, from a range of experiences. That's why we strongly encourage you to apply even if you may not have all the requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and diversity is important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or health status. The masculine form is used to make the text lighter.
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement and a supportive learning environment.