10 days ago
Tangent Animation is the vision of Animation and Film Production industry professionals, with combined experience that encompasses CG Animation, Live Action Film Production, Visual Effects, and Software Development. Tangent Animation employs open source solutions to create high quality animated feature films. What sets us apart from many other studios is our use of Blender, an open source software to make our animated films. We are scouting for the best talent and enthusiastic people who are eager to join our amazing team!
Job Duties include :
- Assisting with centralized systems deployment and IT infrastructure management.
- Configuring and maintaining, computer hardware, network equipment, operating system and applications.
- Virtual machine and hardware configuration and deployment.
- Server/infrastructure administration and upkeep.
- Desktop and end user/junior administrator support.
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, networking and system issues when they arise.
- Able to analyze, write or create task automation in a mixed Windows & Linux environment.
- Researching and recommending new approaches to improve Systems services and performance.
- On call support during heavy delivery crunches or infrastructure challenges.
- Work closely with other Systems and production teams to complete day-to-day tasks.
- Networking - LAN and WAN hardware/software, routing, NAT, IPsec
- Network Management – SNMP, SSH, Telnet, ICMP
- Infrastructure Services – DHCP, DNS, SMB, NFS, virtualization thereof.
- Working with Amazon VPC, Site to Site VPN, EC2 Instances, S3 buckets.
- Administration and maintenance of Active Directory, Office 365 Suite and MS Teams.
- Experience with dense and varied infrastructure (render Farm (large 150+, multiple-form factors), and automated provisioning of render nodes (ie. FOG, Ansible).
- Experience with Rendering using AWS and Deadline
- Has experience with Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS) and BSD (FreeBSD, OpenBSD) utilizing Samba domain membership and ACLs.
- Demonstrated experience with Windows Active Directory maintenance and Group Policy creation/troubleshooting.
- Programming and automation tooling (bash, python, powershell, cron jobs and ansible), version control of infrastructure configuration would be an exceptional asset.
- Demonstrated kill in networking with focus on Layer 2 and Layer 3 (HP or Cisco style CLI experience preferred) including VLAN management and routing.
- Exposure to Office 365 management and MS team’s knowledge or experience would be helpful.
- Experience with ticketing systems and workflow would be an asset.
- Organized and proficient in documenting work and keeping detailed notes.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Excellent Communications skills and Customer Service (people first) focus.
- Able to work under pressure and negotiate competing priorities.
- Pro-active approach for network and system maintenance (see-something-do-something).
- Self-starter that can work alone as well as with others, comfort with remote multi-site support and troubleshooting.
- Great company culture, with a team that is very technically proficient, highly motivated & excited to work on projects that will change the industry
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- Casual dress-code
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.