This job might no longer be available.
Junior System Administrator
Bucharest Bucharest Romania
7 months ago
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe 24x7 with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games and delivering a flawless player experience is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, resourceful and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The Mission Control Center (MCC) resides within the EA Digital Platforms Technical Operations team which is responsible for the infrastructure that our games run on. The MCC is the central point of contact for the Digital Platform team and plays a key role in driving online ‘always on’ services keeping a watchful eye over all monitored endpoints to ensure a continuous 24X7 uptime for our stakeholders.
What a MCC Junior Systems Administrator does at EA
- Responsible for being the first point of contact for systems related issues
- Triages issues, provides an initial pass at a resolve and assist our internal Tier 3 engineers ensuring that our escalation process and procedures are followed
- Responsible for creation and addition of documentation to our knowledge base and run books for all elements that are monitored by our MCC
- Assists in tracking and providing data for internal group reports that detail the success and utilization of our Mission Control Center, disaster recovery policies and emergency/incident management drills
- Understands the rigorous demands a 24x7 real-time online operational environment requires
- Works with multiple "off the shelf" and custom monitoring tools to evaluate service performance
- Understands the concept of Incident Management, prioritization and impact vs urgency
- Follows on open issues
- Uses both technical and hierarchical escalation methods in order to ensure the successful resolution of incidents within the agreed SLAs
- Follows knowledge base documentation
- Follows processes, procedures and work instructions
- Creates tracking tickets and follows up on open/ongoing issues
- Understands the connection between Incidents and Problem tickets and Change orders
- Notifies MCC members and management of issues identified
- Sends and updates critical communications
- Generates reports related to MCC service and overall health of the service
- Contributes to the cleanup and keeping up-to-date of the processes, procedures and work instructions
The next great MCC Junior Systems Administrator
- Has a minimum college degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or is very passionate about the IT and gaming industries
- Experience in Network Operations/Engineering with key responsibilities around incident escalation, resolution tracking and resolution reporting
- Experience with troubleshooting on different versions of Linux servers
- Knowledge of Cloud services tools and technology, standard networking, systems and database principles
- Knowledge of Network Operations Center best practices
- Must possess creative problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate strong quantitative, analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Must be bright, curious and attentive to current technical trends
- Must work well within a dynamic, time-sensitive environment
- Must be comfortable with communicating in different forms and being able to adjust styles and content to the audience
- Must have a sense of humor and a passion for gaming
- Must be flexible as the position will require shift work to include weekends and holidays
…and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Manage It!