10 days ago
Job Title:Support Technician
The Overwatch team is looking for a Support Technician to ensure the best experience for developers as they produce the game. Support Technicians are the oil that keeps the machine running by helping their teammates with day to day issues that arise as part of the development process. You will creatively tackle problems that stand in the way of developers achieving their maximum potential. You will work closely with art, design, engineering, production, and QA to help deliver great entertainment experiences.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Provide “deskside” support for a development team working with the tools and technology in a distributed, hybrid, WFH environment.
- Monitor and respond to issues encountered with software automation.
- Troubleshoot and investigate issues on multiple console platforms.
- Identify and investigate issues with content creation across the toolset.
- Actively seek opportunities to proactively eliminate issues.
- Create and maintain documentation for tools and pipelines.
- Assist developers in the preparation and implementation of technical aspects of content creation to deliver AAA quality.
- Participate in all playtests and feedback surveys.
- Monitor system health.
- Enthusiasm for supporting and enabling others
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and resolve technical problems
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Driven to learn new tools, techniques, and workflows
- Work with developers located across multiple time zones around the world
- Willing and able to work outside of core hours as project needs demand
- Experience working with game development teams
- Experience working with a variety of console platforms for development
- Experience with content creation tools in a game production background
- Experience working within a complicated, technical infrastructure
- Good knowledge of source control systems such as Perforce
- Experience writing and debugging tools, scripts, or programming in languages such as C# and/or C++
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to multitask and tackle multiple assignments at the same time
- Dedicated individual with little supervision
- Technical Art, Technical Design, or Computer Science background
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org . General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.