Support Technician (Diablo IV) - Vicarious Visions
10 days ago
Job Title:Support Technician (Diablo IV) - Vicarious Visions
Job Title: Support Technician
Reporting To: DXT Lead
Location: Irvine, CA
The Diablo IV team is looking for a Support Technician to ensure the best experience for developers as they produce the game. Support Technicians are the oil that keeps the machine running by helping their teammates with day to day issues that arise as part of the development process. As a Support Technician, you will creatively solve problems that stand in the way of developers achieving their maximum potential. You will work closely with art, design, engineering, production, and QA to help deliver great entertainment experiences.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Provide “deskside” support for a development team working with the tools and technology in a distributed, hybrid, WFH environment
- Troubleshoot and investigate issues on multiple console platforms
- Identify and investigate issues with content creation across the toolset
- Actively seek opportunities to proactively eliminate issues
- Create and maintain documentation for tools and pipelines
- Assist developers in the preparation and implementation of technical aspects of content creation to deliver AAA quality
- Participate in all playtests and feedback surveys
- Monitor system health
- Provide feedback to management and other disciplines on effective ways to improve tools and processes
- Foster rapport with other departments around Blizzard to pursue the best collaborative experience through all interactions and processes.
- Enthusiasm for supporting and enabling others
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and resolve technical problems
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Motivated to learn new tools, techniques, and workflows
- Open to working with developers located across multiple time zones around the world
- Open and able to work outside of core hours as occasional project needs arise
- Experience working with game development teams
- Experience working with a variety of console platforms for development
- Experience with content creation tools in a game production background
- Experience working within a complex, technical infrastructure
- Good knowledge of source control systems such as Perforce
- Experience writing and debugging tools, scripts, or programming in languages such as C# and/or C++
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to multitask across a variety of assignments
- Self-driven individual with minimal supervision
- Technical art, technical design, or computer science background
Founded in 1991, Vicarious Visions has made hundreds of games, in every genre, on every conceivable game platform in the known universe. We are a studio that is built to last. Our philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is evidenced in all of our products. We’ve worked on some of the most successful game franchises, including Skylanders ®, Guitar Hero ™, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance , Crash Bandicoot ™, Spider-Man ™ and Tony Hawk ™. Our studio is located in beautiful upstate New York, only a couple of hours from NYC with access to all the Northeast has to offer.
We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect and fun. We have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices. We not only give our developers a safe and warm place to incubate and grow their ideas, but also the tools and support necessary to turn those ideas into impactful and memorable experiences.
Vicarious Visions is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.vvisions.com and @VvisionsStudio on Twitter.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Vicarious Visions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.