Support Moderation Lead
13 days ago
The Support Moderation Lead ensures that players of products and services published by The Pokémon Company International interact in a safe environment. This role will work with product support leads, support service delivery management and multi-language moderators to define community guidelines for players and will ensure smooth operation of chat and other interaction channels though active moderation.
What You Will Do
- Drive successful moderation for in-game, online forum, support inquiry and account name moderation in multiple languages.
- Define a behavior matrix and community rules to be applied by an automated system with additional human curation.
- Manage moderation platforms and filters to ensure consistency, stability, effective automation and continuous improvement.
- Lead a v-team to swiftly identify and respond proportionately to serious events escalated by the moderation platform.
- Define and monitor moderation SLAs such as chat volume/velocity, trends and agent efficiency.
- Prepare and present state of the business metrics and key initiatives.
- Work with 3 rd party vendors to ensure 24/7 coverage for all live moderation service offerings.
- Lead the company’s efforts in standardizing player behavior policies.
- Work with developer teams to onboard new products to the moderation platform.
- Work with developer teams to iterate the moderation tools.
What You Will Bring
- 3 or more years’ experience leading moderation efforts on a public game or service.
- Experience developing moderation policy.
- Experience designing and deploying responses to sensitive content (adult subjects, triggering topics, bullying, phishing, ban evasion, etc.)
- Comfort making judgment calls for material not explicitly covered in guidelines.
- Familiarity with CARU, COPPA, age-gating or other industry practices.
- Prior experience working in a consumer product support environment is desirable.
- Games industry experience helpful.
How You Will Be Successful
- Problem Analysis: You can filter information from multiple streams to determine what pieces will impact your area of the business.
- Business Acumen: You tailor communication and engagement style to the culture and make up of different teams to achieve results.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3 rd You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Analytical Thinking: Uses logical reasoning to systematically analyze, diagnose, and resolve issues using data.
- Communicative: Develops and delivers multi-mode communication to share ideas, learn from others, and keep others informed about problems, opportunities, progress, and solutions.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives especially during holiday spike and new regional launches in which this role will take part.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.