This job might no longer be available.
Supply Planner (18m FTC)
13 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Supply Chain Planning team is responsible for the coordination of various elements of SIEE’s European supply chain. A planner’s main responsibility is to ensure the efficient and timely supply of PlayStation product across the SCEE region, be it software, hardware, peripherals or a combination of all these products.
Working within a small team based in London, the supply planners work together to support SCEE’s overseas based local Operation teams, as well as internal stakeholders, keeping them up to date on new product releases, product availability and helping them to ensure their local sales plans are achievable. The planners work closely with European suppliers and partners including the main European warehouses and product suppliers to manage the inbound, assembly and outbound processes as efficiently as possible.
The planners are tasked with overseeing the production plans for both new release product and back catalogue. They continuously review plans to ensure that delivery is on time and even improved upon where possible, whilst maintaining constant communication with local Ops teams and suppliers to keep them informed of any key changes or updates. The planner’s role is to ensure the team are always working together and focusing on the right products and business priorities as well as keeping them informed of any key changes to hardware plans.
Stock management is a key part of the role. Ongoing and regular reviews of obsolete or non-moving stock materials and the subsequent development of plans or activities to deal with excess or problematic stock is a fundamental responsibility.
What you’ll be doing:
The main responsibility of the 1st party SW role is to ensure the efficient and timely supply of new 1st party software titles. This is achieved from completing the following steps…
- The creation and management of the required master data from UPCs to Bill of materials (BOMs) – including all SKUs, packaging materials, vouchers, manuals, label films and game codes.
- Managing the number submissions from data entry to creating the day 1 purchase orders for all territories in the SIEE region.
- Delivering the software units securely across the region, whilst allowing sufficient time for local distribution.
Other key functions of the 1st party planning role include Management and ordering of software and vouchers required for bundling. This requires an understanding of material resource planning and excellent organisation skills.
- Disc Manufacturing plants, 3PL warehouse providers, Packaging suppliers
- Marketing & New Release Team
- Packaging Team
- Central Sales team
- Central Distributor team
- Compliance team
- Creative Services
- IT/SAP teams
- Territory/Distributor Operations Staff
What we are looking for:
- IT literate – strong Excel skills are a must as well as being comfortable and adept at using an array of online tools and systems.
- SAP knowledge is a must
- SAP experience in documenting processes along with preparing written scripts when needed is essential for this role.
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo – willing to take a fresh perspective on things
- Well able to plan and make contingency plans as well as prepare for different scenarios
- Flexible in their approach and thinking – able to adapt easily.
- Excellent communicator – able to change their approach depending on the audience
- Able to focus on the detail as well as step back and see the bigger picture when necessary.
- Pro-active and enthusiastic personality – good team player.
- Experience in using upload systems and other production management software applications.
- Highly organised and disciplined individual.
- Possess a strong analytical and numerical focus – well able to review and analyse data and spot trends/patterns – good eye for detail.
- Video games, Media or other FMCG experience.
- Knowledge of a European language an advantage i.e. German, Spanish, French.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.