Supervisor, Localization Operations
6 days ago
The localization team aspires to deliver a custom, made-for-me experience to players all over the world. From audio to video, League Of Legends to Valorant, Barcelona to Moscow; regional, cultural, and even language differences have to be accounted for so a joke that lands in ten countries and is incredibly insensitive in two won’t accidentally be shipped. Our team is globally-minded, working across diverse media types both in and out of game as we help development teams deliver content to players everywhere. We strive to ensure that every piece of content from Riot isn’t just accessible, but resonates on an international scale.
As a Supervisor for Localization Operations you believe that authentic and immersive localization enriches a global audience's gaming experience. You are accountable for all Localization outcomes for Riot content in Europe. You identify gaps and needs within the Operations space and work with the Localization Operations team to increase efficiency and improve processes. You oversee the daily operational needs of the team and provide status updates and information as needed across all customer groups.
Reporting to the Localization manager, you will take care of communications with stakeholders and Localization leadership to remove blockers, answer localization-related questions, and to ensure the smooth functioning of the localization pipeline for multiple languages across all products.
Working with the Operations Leads, you will focus on improving localization operations, developing best practices, guides, and runbooks. In short, you will lead EU efforts in creating a scalable and sustainable content pipeline for the local and global needs of Riot Games Localization while focusing on delivering a high level of quality for our Players.
- Execute on the Localization Operations strategy for EU and work with global leadership to support the efforts of the discipline worldwide
- Set team expectations, monitor performance and set clear goals
- Ensure the team meets all their KPIs (On time delivery, Player satisfaction, Customer satisfaction etc.)
- Build working relationships with teams across Riot as well as 3rd party vendor operations to build and maintain a healthy Localization operations space
- Help drive operational and process standardization
- Manage operations-focused team by establishing priorities, expectations, and accountability mechanisms
- Manage individual performance, mentor, provide craft and career development to team members
- Identify staffing and process gaps, proactively present business cases to fill them
- 2 years experience in a leadership role, managing teams of ICs
- Proficiency with managing a translation memory software for translators and project managers
- Have in-depth knowledge of Localization QA processes and best practices
- 2+ years of experience with Project management software (Jira, Favro, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with content management tools, proprietary or out of the box (CMS, Xloc, etc.)
- English professional proficiency. Additional languages are a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong data analysis skills and a drive to seek improvement
- Experience supporting distributed and multi-cultural teams.
- Strong communication skills with stakeholder, team members, senior leadership etc.
- Experienced in managing relationships from a distance, and dealing with vendors at scale
- Experienced in managing relationships with external teams and ability to structure external Localization process
- Can document existing and create new processes to promote efficiency and scalability in Localization process
- Customer empathy and deep understanding of the value of services delivered
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t meet every one of the requirements for a role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role to make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!