Supervisor, Digital Merchandising
8 days ago
The Pokémon International Company is embarking on an innovation journey and radically transforming its digital commerce capabilities to meet accelerating international demand for original and collectable Pokémon products. A world-renowned brand with a startup culture, committed at the highest executive levels to leveraging the most modern technologies to achieve a bold new vision for our company and our fans, we are looking for a Digital Merchandising Manager to be responsible for the performance of product categories on Pokemoncenter.com, managing the shopping experience through data driven product categorization and positioning to drive new and existing customers to the site to drive conversion and sales to meet business objectives.
- Directly manage a Digital Merchandiser, providing training and guidance on approved merchandising strategies aligned to business objectives
- Responsible for the overall digital presentation of Pokemoncenter.com by analyzing and optimizing a seamless customer experience to achieve financial objectives
- Participate in cross-functional seasonal product planning by providing data-based customer site metrics to continuously improve category and product conversion to improve future product development
- Work alongside Brand Creative and Marketing teams to provide the optimal merchandising destination for campaigns supporting brand initiatives
- Participates in defining and refining the online shopping experience, including site architecture, taxonomy, browsing and buying features, product views and other eCommerce elements
- Manage site enhancement roadmap that drives higher conversion, partner with Testing Team to ensure objectives are met thru A/B testing of site components
- Work directly in eCommerce platform tool (BloomReach) to create site content and enhanced brands campaigns around key marketing moments coming thru email, social and other digital properties
- Optimizes internal search through in-depth analysis and fine tuning of BloomReach
- Collaborates with buying team to assure product assortment is reflected accurately online
- Works directly with buying team to create brand or category product collections to provide the customer with the best possible product selection
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- BA or BS Degree or related field
- 5+ years of digital merchandising experience and 1 year of management experience
- Brand experience preferred
- Experience using HTML or an eCommerce content management platform (Adobe, Bloomreach, etc.)
- Strong understanding of UK and European consumer product marketplace
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong team player
- Strong analytical and process management skills
- Must possess solid organizational, meeting management, effective time management skills
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Candidates will either need the right to work in the UK or dependent on the job role the company may be able to arrange a VISA.