This job might no longer be available.
Senior Technical Artist
9 months ago
Senior Technical Artist ( EA Create : Rigging )
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams consist of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We're a diverse team that is unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
EA Create Rigging, the versatile team mostly based between Vancouver, Canada, and Orlando, Florida is best known for creating amazing work in titles such as Football Club, Madden, UFC, Plants Versus Zombies, Apex Legends, Dead Space, and Battlefield to name a few; and we're looking for a Rigging Supervisor to guide direction on upcoming titles.
The Sr. Technical Artist is a primary member of the department's technical leadership. Your work involves collaboration with other Rigging Supervisors, partnering with Development Directors, and reporting directly to the Rigging Technical Art Director. You will be responsible for multiple projects, acting as a point of escalation without daily production support being your main focus.
- Technical oversight of the projects under your guidance
- Regular check ins with Artists, Leads and Production to support their needs
- Lead improvements within the Rigging space, both visual and technical
- Collaborate with department technical leadership to align development
- Define and estimate tasks / deliverables
- Collaborate with our client partners
- Mentor a diverse team of artists and technicians
- 6+ years experience with multiple shipped Game Titles or VFX / Feature Animation
- Experience working with Technical, Creative, and Business Partners
- Background in rigging and skinning complex assets
- Expertise in Maya
- Proficient scripting experience with Python tool building and PyQT / PySide
- Knowledge of animation principles and human anatomy
- Game Engine Experience (Commercial or Proprietary)
- 3D Math Experience
- Houdini Experience
- Maya API Familiarity
- Facial Rigging Experience
- Motion Capture Familiarity
- Knowledge of C++
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $131,600 - $213,300
- New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $131,600 - $213,300
º $154,800 - $213,300
- Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $131,600 - $179,600
- Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $131,600 - $195,200
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.