This job might no longer be available.
Superviseur aux effets spéciaux numériques / VFX Supervisor
13 days ago
Reporting to the Head of Creative Operations, the VFX Supervisor is responsible for the creative direction of live-action feature film shots and acts as a key point of contact with the creative leads on the client/production side. The VFX Supervisor works closely with VFX Producers and CG Supervisors to assign and review artist’s work whilst taking sole responsibility for the sign off of 'final' shots. The incumbent also works closely with the HR and Recruitment teams to staff up teams.
- In conjunction with CG Supervisor and VFX team, review all technical and R&D requirements for the start-up of any new show
- Work closely with all departments on pipeline improvement and development
- Attend daily sessions with all members of the team on a regular basis to give feedbacks and approvals
- Ensure that all work carried out on the show fits within MPC's pipeline where possible
- Undertake daily review of assets and work in progress
- Design and implement the creative direction of each shot and sequence
- Provide on-going training and evaluation of all 3D and 2D artists
- Work closely with the VFX Producer to ensure an accurate production schedule is set up and maintained
- Be an active member of the sales team for the Pitching and Presentations in regards to potential VFX work
- Be part of the bidding stages, assessing shots and completing shot breakdowns
- Participate in client pre-production creative meetings and relay the information to the team
- Ensure clients’ visions are met by constantly improving upon the their requirements
- Solid knowledge of VFX shot production and its iteration process
- Thorough understanding of colour theory and film application for live-action features, including film-stock, film-grain, colour-space and lookup tables, film processing and DI processing
- Extensive experience with blue/green screen compositing as well as integration of 3D elements into plates
- Up-to-date knowledge of VFX tools and emerging technologies
- Extensive hands-on experience with production tools and pipelines
- Matte painting experience is an asset
5 years of experience with high-end film based VFX pipelines as a VFX Supervisor, or extensive experience as a Senior, Lead or Supervising artist
- Desire to learn from others and to take on increasingly challenging work
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- A strong work ethic
- Team approach and the ability to take direction
- Ability to successfully delegate and manage projects
- Ability to understand client approval process
- A sense of strong team dynamics and a positive morale generating style
- Able to manage a time-sensitive workload with an urgent and extremely organized manner
- Capability to learn and adapt quickly
- Good ability to work under pressure
- Strong creative ability and flair
- Ability to mentor and provide feedback to junior employees
- Excellent team building skills
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
Moving Picture Company (MPC) is a global VFX studio with decades of storytelling experience across the feature film and episodic industries, with award-winning highlights including The Lion King, 1917, The Mandalorian, and Wandavision.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
MPC’s global network of artists is constantly innovating to bring unimaginable ideas to life through cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity. Part of the Technicolor Creative Studios network, MPC continues to lead the visual arts industry, building authentic and long-lasting connections with audiences across screens worldwide.