This job might no longer be available.
Supernatural Coach, Boxing
5 months ago
Supernatural is helping countless people fall in love with working out for the first time in their lives.
Supernatural harnesses the immersive power of virtual reality to let you travel the world as you smash and box targets to the beat of over 1,000 top hits, coached by a professional trainer. With an ever-growing library of workouts across Supernatural Flow (our original full body cardio modality), Supernatural Boxing, Coach-led Stretch sessions and Guided Meditation, Supernatural invites you to discover your inner athlete and have fun working out. Available on the Oculus Quest.
Check out the Official Supernatural Community on Facebook to meet our diverse community of athletes and coaches as they celebrate their fitness journeys together. Supernatural is loved by The New York Times , Washington Post, GOOP, People, Today, Men’s Fitness, Women’s Health and hundreds more, check out our press page for more.
Join our team and become part of a community dedicated to helping people find joy in health and wellness today.
What is a Supernatural Coach?
Our coaches are the face of Supernatural and embody the excitement and joy of our brand. In our immersive VR workouts, our coaches are the first face a member sees as they provide voice overs guiding workouts and modeling movements like stretches, boxing, and dance flows.
A new workout is released daily and coaches are active participants in the production both on and off-screen. Supernatural’s immersive experience alongside beautiful environments, a wide variety of hits and our team of dynamic coaches, our members create deep connections with the coaches as trusted motivators, allies, workout partners, and friends.
- 2+ years of experience coaching group or 1-on-1 boxing, cardioboxing, kickboxing, Muay Thai, MMA, or a similar striking sport
- Ability to present on camera with confidence, expertise, and authenticity to motivate, encourage, and inspire members throughout their workout
- Ability to write and deliver up to 5 new, unique scripts portraying your authentic coaching style on a weekly basis for workout intros, outros and voice overs
- Ability to improvise motivational cues and messages
- Ability to utilize technology as needed to perform job functions including Oculus Quest, Oculus app, Slack, email and other related technologies
- A current, active fitness certification (group training or personal training) with a nationally-accredited organization
- Experience coaching, building relationships with, and tailoring coaching for students from a diverse range of fitness backgrounds including experienced exercisers and new-to-fitness beginners
- The confidence and self-awareness to convey unique personality through coaching
- A dynamic voice that can communicate energy and emotion
- Previous on-camera experience is preferred
This role will be based out of our studio in Venice, CA. Applicants will need to be based locally or be willing to relocate to Los Angeles, CA upon being hired. Within adheres to all federal, state and county protocols, including Covid-19 protocols recommended by CDC and LA County. All Within employees who work out of the Within office must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination. Accommodations for those who are not vaccinated include requirements to undergo weekly Covid-19 testing and must wear a face covering while at the workplace.
Please provide the following when applying for this position:
- A self-tape reel introducing yourself while you lead some stretches - please include the link to the cloud file or website/portfolio in your cover letter when submitting your application
- A cover letter explaining why you’d be an excellent fit for Supernatural
- A resume of your coaching and fitness background
- 2-3 links to your existing video work. This can include videos of you leading workouts or, Instagram /Facebook videos of you giving health or wellness advice to your followers
- Fill out this sheet of coaching cues so that we can better “hear” your coaching style
- A sample
See Supernatural in Action:
At Supernatural, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.