Summer Intern, Art
11 days ago
Attention all aspiring undergraduate Art Students!
Are you excited about the idea of exploring a vibrant and colorful world of gaming? Sounds like a blast, doesn't it? If you answered yes, then we have the perfect opportunity for you! Join our Art Internship program and spend two months in our office to get a taste of our working environment and get ready to level up your skills!
Our internship program will give you a unique opportunity to put your skills to the table and dive into the end-to-end visual development cycle. You will gain practical experience in the creative pipeline while learning proven techniques from professionals.
As Illustration, 3D Art, and 2D Animation Interns, you will work on creative game art projects together.
• Illustration Intern will create concepts and support the team with illustrations that meet the requirements of the 3D and animation production.
• 3D Art Intern will take concepts and recreate them into the final production in line with Peak’s art style.
• 2D Animation Intern will contribute to the project with engaging and captivating animations, making it come to life.
What you’ll do during your internship
- Participate in various projects to demonstrate and improve your skills
- Experiment with dummy trials for the in-game item and asset animations
- Collaborate with the team to understand and address feedback for iterations
- Implement creative art solutions
- Keep up-to-date with the latest industry trends and techniques, and experiment with different styles
You’ll need to
- Be enrolled in 3rd or 4th year of university preferably in Fine Art, or a related field
- Have a schedule that allows you to work full-time in Peak office for 2 months during summer 2023
- Have a passion for the cartoon art style
- Familiarity with digital visualization tools (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, Maya, Blender, Spine, After Effects)
- Enthusiastic approach to learning new techniques and practicing them
Application and Hiring Process
We encourage you to select the internship opportunity that best matches your interests. Your application will be evaluated based on your choice.
We'd love to see examples of your skills! We will take into consideration applications that come with a portfolio showcasing your skill set. It may include school assignments or personal projects.
- Make sure your portfolio is well-organized and emphasizes the skills that would make you a great fit for the internship position you're interested in
- Share your portfolio as an online link
- Ensure your documents are up to 100 MB
- For showcasing 3D works, an image-based portfolio would suffice
Once your application and portfolio have been reviewed and selected for the next stage, you'll have a remote interview with our HR team and Art Director. We'll also conduct a final interview remotely. The internship period will be between July 3rd and August 31st, 2023. Applications will be open until April 2, 2023.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.