Summer 2021: UI / UX Design/Tech Art Internship (BS,MS)
Redwood City California United States
12 days ago
EA exists to Inspire the World to Play – we make games that resonate with people around the world and believe inclusion transforms the player experience. Today, we have players in more than 200 countries that speak 40 languages. We’re not creating a workforce, we’re evolving one that really is representative of our diverse player network. If you’re interested in a thriving career at EA, join us in this journey!
This pipeline job posting is intended to collect candidate interest for multiple roles and hiring locations. Your application may be linked to a specific job upon further review.
We are looking for Summer 2021 interns at the following locations:
- Austin, TX
- Orlando, FL
- Redwood City, CA (HQ)
- Pasadena, CA
Summer 2021 Internship Dates
- Monday, May 24 to Friday, August 13
- Monday, June 21 to Friday, September 10
It is required that you submit a portfolio/presentation of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online presentation, or attaching documents to your resume. All presentations must contain a detailed breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, manage. You must be legally authorized to work in the US on a fulltime basis during the 12-week internship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- UX/UI Design for game teams and internal products
- Technical Art for game teams such as BioWare, Industrial Toys, and our sports titles
- Content Design for our sports titles
Must be available for a full-time paid internship in the summer of 2021 (May - September depending on start date). We are only considering students who will be enrolled in an accredited degree program in the summer of 2021, slated to graduate no earlier than December 2021 through June 2022.
- Enrolled in a BS or MS program in Design, Human Computer Interaction, or a related field of study.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite and multiple prototyping tools i.e Adobe XD, Sketch, Invision, and Framer.
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D art packages (Maya and Photoshop desired) and experience in scripting and programming (Python and C# desired).
- Understand (and technical proficiency in) 3D concepts such as modeling, texturing, rendering, shading, lighting, rigging, skinning, dynamics, particle systems, and image manipulation techniques.
- Basic familiarity with game engine workflows (i.e. Unity, Unreal), asset pipelines, and revision control systems.
Rewards & Compensation
EA offers compensation, housing or work from home support, medical benefits, and other exciting perks. Our 2020 Summer interns were invited to participate in more than 35 virtual events, along with receiving support from their managers, mentors, the Next-Gen Talent team, and employees across the company.