Summer 2021 Software Development Engineering Intern (Intercept Games)
8 days ago
Who We Are:
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher, and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. For more than 25 years, our development teams have created some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful entertainment experiences, captivating and engaging audiences around the world. We are incredibly proud of our ability to deliver consistently the highest-quality titles, as well as our colleagues who help to create our unique culture and work environment that is inclusive, diverse, and dynamic.
While our offices are casual and inviting, we are deeply committed to our core tenets of creativity, innovation and efficiency, and individual and team development opportunities. Our industry and business are continually evolving and fast-paced, providing numerous opportunities to learn and hone your skills. We work hard, but we also like to have fun, and believe that we provide a great place to come to work each day to pursue your passions.
Take-Two’s Summer Internship Program is designed to provide students with an opportunity to gain substantive, first-hand business insight over the course of a three-month paid internship. Interns will gain hands-on exposure in the area(s) of their desired interests as well as participate in team-based summer-long projects. Our internships are created with the intent that students walk away with meaningful learning experiences that enhance both their personal and professional development goals. T2's Internship Program also serves as a gateway to building a talent pool of rising stars for permanent roles.
Working alongside a team of engineering professionals, you’ll take on and deliver a challenging and important feature to Kerbal Space Program 2, our in-progress space simulation game. You will dive deep into our simulation and enhance the player experience by extending the user experience to support new functionality and interfaces across all of our desktop and console platforms.
What You’ll Take On
As a Software Engineer Intern, you’ll be expected to ramp up quickly on our existing code base, work with our Design team to understand the customer experience, and then write high quality, stable, performant code to deliver a complete end-to-end feature during your time on the team. This is an opportunity to learn about cross-platform development with hands-on experience, and gain an understanding of being part of a professional game team with hundreds of collective years of experience and several dozens of professionally shipped titles under our belts. You’ll walk away having contributed a differentiating feature to a big-budget, high profile game, and having grown your professional software engineering skills in the process.
What You Bring
- A high level of proficiency with C#, C++, or an equivalent modern OO Programming Language.
- A solid working understanding of efficient algorithms and data structures for video game programming.
- Strong communication skills, able to work closely with a peer team of engineers.
- Fundamentals of Game Design and Game Engineering
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture . Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth : As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits . Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks . Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.