This job might no longer be available.
Summer 2020: Pathfinder Gameplay Engineering Intern (BA/BS)
Redwood City California United States
4 months ago
The Pathfinders program is a 12-week summer internship designed for college underclassmen interested in engineering or analytics disciplines. This program offers students the ability to explore career opportunities and gain insight into the Gaming industry. Students work on real teams with impactful projects alongside industry veterans, to gain hands-on experience with valuable tools and programming languages, while developing leadership skills.
The Pathfinders program incorporates structured learning, and provides you with the tools to be successful during your time at EA. Each Pathfinder intern will have peer and professional mentorship, participate in networking activities, and engage with senior leaders. We particularly encourage applications from students who are historically underrepresented in this field.
We are currently seeking applicants for our development team.
Development Track Opportunities
- IP Development – Work within EA studio teams to develop the next generation of video games, and deliver creative solutions in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will gain experience in learning game design, working on features and content for Mobile, PC, or Console franchises.
- Freshman or sophomore student enrolled in a four-year BA/BS program
- A demonstrated interest in computer science or related technical discipline, statistics, analytics, mathematics, economics, or related field
- Familiarity with C++ and/or Python preferred
- Strong communication
- Exhibit leadership skills and potential
- Interested in problem solving skills in simulation games, being able to learn different gameplay systems and how they interact with each other