Subsidiary Accountant, Serbia
Lucerne, Switzerland Switzerland
15 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Finance and Accounting at Epic
What we do
Our Finance and Accounting teams build the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, international subsidiaries, as well as with external partners to ensure a world-class finance organization. Our team contains experts from fields like tax, treasury, purchasing, FP&A, and more.
What you’ll do
Based within our International Finance team, located in Luzern, Switzerland, we’re looking a
Subsidiary Accountant (based in Luzern) for our Serbian subsidiary. As our Subsidiary Accountant for Serbia, you will work alongside our existing Serbian Accounting Manager to ensure the complete and accurate financial reporting for the Group’s Serbian subsidiary.
Additional to working with the Serbian Accounting Manager, you will work directly with businesspartners located in our Serbian subsidiary in Serbia, as well as business partnering with cross-functional members of finance, such as Corporate Tax. You will focus on key areas for the growing business, including inventory cost accounting, capital project management and ensuring compliance with Serbian VAT requirements. You will collaborate with other subsidiary accountants, to identify and shape our processes and policies to ensure that we appropriately control and report our financial performance to HQ.
In this role, you will
- Be responsible for AP management and ensuring the swift and accurate reporting of Serbian VAT.
- Ensure that inventory cost accounting and capital project build out costs are accurately recorded and reported.
- Collect cost information and maintain an expenses database
- Determine fixed costs (e.g. salaries, rent and insurance)
- Plan and record variable costs (e.g. purchases of raw material and operations costs)
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Assist in month-end and year-end closing
- Assist with ad-hoc requests from management, auditors and other external bodies (as required)
- Assist with the migration and integration steps related to a change in ERP
What we’re looking for
- Fluent in Serbian and a high degree of fluency in English.
- 3+ years financial accounting experience, preferably within a Serbian accounting environment
- Good knowledge of both Serbia GAAP (IFRS) and Serbian commercial accounting legislation
- Very good knowledge of Serbian VAT reporting and compliance obligations.
- Experience of dealing with External Auditor requests.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Independent and self-starter with a “can-do” attitude.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and experience of working in different ERP systems.
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We offer breakfast and lunch subsidized, sick pay and insurance, as well as supplementary accident insurance (100% employer paid), generous pension scheme, parking or public transport cards, are provided.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic! #LI-SH1
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.