Manager, Subscription Revenue
11 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of the annual trading plan to deliver YoY subscription revenue growth with a focus on driving customers ARPU up. The Revenue Manager will lead a team of 3 crafting the full year and quarterly growth strategies, work with the Trading Performance team to understand performance, using insights to amend and improve plans. The team will seamlessly execute PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now plans as part of the Global Services team.
You will be required to drive subscriber growth and profit from the PlayStation Plus subscriber base whilst working closely with the customer team on engagement and retention plans. You will introduce new plans while ensuring existing plans are fully optimised. It will be key to work alongside wider partners to understand performance vs targets and work on plans to help close gaps/drive faster growth.
This role will require working at a global level – understanding global vs local behaviours and adapting plans appropriately. This will involve working across all partner teams with colleagues in Europe, American and Asia to agree, communicate and deploy business plans. The team will also have a specific focus on 2 -3 market regions – bringing local expertise such as culture preferences, key selling periods etc.
What you'll be doing:
- Formulate and deliver business plans to drive revenue growth of PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now
- Lead and develop a team of 3 – 4 direct reports
- Contribute to weekly global service trading meeting inc creation of supporting materials
- Point person within Services and beyond for Subscription expertise in 2 – 3 territories
- Collaborating with and managing stakeholders across marketing, CRM, conversion rate optimisation and ops
- Look for ways to change and improve the business operations and processes
- Analysing performance and improving future proposals and plans
- Identifying subscription/revenue risk and opportunities and creating mitigation/go faster plans where appropriate
- Driving approval of promotional plans to deliver trading performance
- Communication of quarterly plans to secure buy-in and feedback
- Advise, involve and share with both global functions and regional functions
- Collaborate with the commercial trading team to build and agree forecasts
The individual will be measured on:
- Creation and delivery of trading plans
- Efficiency and effectiveness of processes
- Achievement of subscription growth, ARPU and profit targets
- Exploring, recommending and presenting new insights and delivering successful evolution of trading plans and strategies
- The ability to instigate change in the current business and inspire people
What we're looking for:
- Degree – Bachelor level or above
- 5 years + Service / Subscription background with validated trading experience
- Ability to propose, craft and lead processes and business operations
- Proven expertise in the planning, execution and leadership of business plans
- Product proposition and operational skills
- Proven innovation mentality
- Solution focused and problem solving attitude
- Creative instinct and ability to think laterally about business planning
- Creative problem solver passionate about the best solutions for the business, partners and consumers
- Strong project and commercial management skills
- Commercial awareness of the games market and consumer entertainment markets
- Strong understanding of business economics
- Experience of strategy creation and prioritization of multiple disciplined factors
- Ability to decide what shape of service best meets the market, organization and objectives
- Understanding of business financials
- Experience of leading a successful team preferred
- Knowledge of the game industry and broad knowledge of wider entertainment industry preferred
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.