16 days ago
Job Title: Submission Technician Reports To: Submissions Lead
Division/ Department : Headquarters/Quality Assurance
I. Basic Function:
The Submission Technician’s main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing communications between Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo and other first parties, setting up pricing for titles and additional content, scheduling release times for titles, and verifying marketing assets intended for the first party stores. Organization, multitasking, and focus are required skills for this position. The Submission Technician will work with our developers, production, and quality assurance teams to ensure that all content is delivered to the consumer properly, at the appropriate time, in the appropriate regions, and at the correct pricing.
II. Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Setup of titles on first party’s systems (25%)
- Create products within the first party’s back end infrastructure so that they are setup and ready for development.
- Setup services as needed by the title to ensure that it can effectively interact with first party systems.
- Assist in the setting up of bundled products, pre-orders, and special incentive offers.
- Track products and constantly adjust setup and services as the title’s scope and functionality changes.
- Work with first party and Production to set up submission and release dates.
- Work with Marketing to generate and track product descriptions and artwork as well as setup sale or limited time offer dates for products.
- Setup mobile titles for QA testing through first party web portals.
2. Submission (40%)
- Submit code for first party for review.
- Communicate with both first party and internal Production teams to align both with code status and submission timings.
- Gathers additional submission materials as required by first party from the Production and development teams and submits them to first parties.
- Receive, verify, and upload marketing materials to first party for release on their platforms.
- Acts as a liaison between first party and the Production teams to ensure a smooth flow of information between the two.
- Setup pricing for titles as well as sale dates and mark downs.
- Setup regions for titles to be released in and timing for those releases.
3. Provide Information (15%)
- As other teams will have limited access to the first party back end web portals, Submission Technicians will need to be able to gather information and provide it to Production teams.
- Answer questions and concerns for the Production team about submissions and product setup.
- Work with the QA teams to provide relevant information to their testing process and what issues are or are not part of the core game code or due to back end system setup.
4. Research and Discovery (10%)
- Research how to setup back end systems through first party web portals to assist development teams.
- Work with the development teams and first party teams to ensure that planned features or functionality are achievable or work to provide viable alternatives.
5. Special projects as needed from time to time by the Submissions Lead (10%)
- Setting up training documentation.
- Assisting in forming and improving submission systems and procedures.
- Assist in special projects, such as demonstrations, training, surveys, focus groups, etc.
III. Principal Working Relationships:
Submissions Lead: Confer on strategy, report setup and submission results, notify about roadblocks.
QA TRG Platform Lead: Communicate with to gather code information and metadata and track timelines.
Production teams: Communicate with to setup and track product timelines and submission/release dates.
Development teams: Work with to ensure that the first party systems and services are setup to match what the title requires.
Marketing: Communicate with to gather text and art content for titles that will accompany the title.
Supply Chain: Communicate with to confirm manufacturing centers, manufacturing timelines, and product details.
Manager, QA Operations: Provide high level feedback submission status
a) Educational Requirements :
- B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science/Entertainment related area or equivalent work experience.
b) Special Knowledge, Skills : (Tools and Technology, Technical Skills)
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must possess excellent spoken and written communication skills and be able to work with varied staff members and personalities.
- Able to act and solve problems autonomously.
- Strong working knowledge of most popular console platforms and related peripherals.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office (Outlook, OneNote, Excel).
- Strong working knowledge of communications, online services and the Internet.
- Ability to multitask in a demanding environment while maintaining a professional attitude.
- Self-motivated to continuously learn new processes and systems.
- Work in a fast paced environment that requires frequent shifts in focus.
- Able to maintain composure and drive tasks to completion in high pressure situations.
c) Prior Experience/Previous Positions related to current position:
- Strong background in entertainment software or related industry.
- Has been in a role requiring constant, and high level, communication with multiple teams and groups
- 1-2 years of technical requirements testing experienced preferred.
d) Other Qualifications and/or Requirements : (Years of exp. required, key competencies to be successful)
- Must be honest, punctual, and have a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Actively communicates a positive, outgoing approach to submissions. Able to give and accept positive feedback as well as constructive criticism.
- Strong desire to be in the interactive gaming industry.
- Demonstrable ability to work with and help mentor new team members.
The position requires the ability to perform essential job functions which may typically include sitting; walking; standing; bending; use of hands to type, handle or feel, reach with arms or hands, stoop, kneel, talk, see, hear and carry light items such as papers, notebooks, pens, etc. Additionally, this position may also require the ability to perform testing on a handheld game device for an extended period of time. Finally, this position may also require occasional travel by car or plane.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
About Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences. We have built a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players. We are looking for new talents to help take our emergent media offering to the next level.
We need all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people.
Ready to play?
Come join our world and work alongside some of the best and brightest minds in the business.
All applications should be made in English.
Discover more at https://www.activisionblizzardmedia.com/