Studio Marketing Director Bucharest & Cluj
28 days ago
Reporting locally to the Studio Manager and with dotted-line reporting to Gameloft’s HQ, the Studio Marketing Director plays a key role in leading the Marketing teams located in the Bucharest and Cluj studios. Both studios have several ongoing projects in creation including mobile games and a cross-platform title that will also be published on PC and console.
In this capacity, the Studio Marketing Director is a pivoting role, ensuring best execution of Marketing responsibilities across all marketing channels and touchpoints (Store Fronts, PR, featuring, social, influence, partnerships) and sharing of best practices as well as raising the strategic and creative bar, whilst addressing higher level topics and launching ad hoc initiatives to make games more popular and downloads more numerous.
Successful candidates must make the most of their leadership abilities, strategic thinking, creative ideas, execution experience, organizational efficiency, and excellent communication skills. She/he will be both comfortable in team management and coordination, as well as in more hands-on and operational missions: we also expect the Marketing Director to impact on their team’s games and projects through their personal & direct contribution to key marketing deliverables, activations and strategies.
· Lead the marketing mindset and expertise in the studio all along with the development and life cycle of the games: from initial ideation to game development and live operations across all platforms (mobile, PC, and console)
· Manage the Marketing teams in the studio (Product Marketing Managers, Game Community Managers, Marketing Artists…) – making sure the team is learning from your mentorship and delivering at its best as part of the Game Team.
· Raise the bar in strategic thinking linked to superior integrated creative execution that makes a difference on the game downloads, DAUs, and revenues.
· Help teams articulating marketing plans that really connect and synchronize all marketing activities (social, influence, partnerships, featuring etc…) to manage both the always-on and the peak moments around the game, catering for both the game community as well as prospective consumers.
· Take the operational lead on key or complex topics when they require a high level of seniority or expertise (e.g. budget building, definition of overarching marketing strategy & launch tactics, negotiations with agencies, management of big scale campaigns, etc.)
· Act as the main contact for the studio for all marketing topics discussed between Studio Management and with HQ.
· Participate in setting up objectives, adapt and implement the global marketing framework & processes locally, in order to measure and improve the performance of our actions: marketing operations, featuring, partnership, ASO…
· Analyze the marketing strategies and execution on a constant basis and challenge the team to come up with innovative, customer-driven marketing tactics to increase performance across all networks and platforms.
· Stay abreast of the market changes, identify best practices from any source, and deploy them when/where relevant to make sure the work of the team stays relevant on the market.
· When relevant, help ensure smooth and efficient working relationships with internal teams and external partners (special ops, license owners…).
· Hire, train, manage and evaluate the performance of the Marketing team of the studio.
About Gameloft Bucharest:
Gameloft Bucharest was created in 2000 with a passion for games that spawned 42 titles for all platforms, from Java to consoles.
Our games are recognized and praised by our players and by the industry. We take pride in our titles, from N.O.V.A, introduced on stage during the 2010 Apple Keynote as the first iPad game ever, to FPS benchmarks such as Modern Combat, with over 175 million downloads & Sniper Fury, with over 109 million downloads.
What can you expect from us?
• We are a 430 person game development studio in the greenest part of Bucharest;
• We have diverse backgrounds and we all love to work on our own games and ideas;
• You would work in a small agile team where everybody’s inputs are valued;
• The team is international, and we have several foreign colleagues;
• You will be using robust systems that serve millions of players;
• Exercising your creativity when solving tasks is much appreciated;
• You may be working on games using famous brands such as Marvel or Disney;
• We don't have many meetings :)
Why work for us?
- Work from Home program available.
- Day off for your birthday and company’s anniversary;
- Free psychological counseling.
- Medical insurance package, in partnership with Regina Maria Clinic.
- Lunch tickets.
- Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style.
- A chance to work in a real multicultural environment.
- All the usual perks: cafeteria, free coffee, free fruits, gaming room, relaxation area, free gym. (We will enjoy these again after things will get better)
- Kindergarten inside our courtyard.
Our ideal candidate will have:
· Minimum 8-10 years in a marketing position, with at least 2 years managing a team.
· Experience launching at least one game or digital product in the entertainment industry.
· Experience in setting and executing marketing plans and campaigns in a fast-moving digital environment.
· Experience within the gaming industry or entertainment at large-good knowledge of the industry is a must-have.
· Able to work with a large variety of stakeholders located in several countries, in both direct and matrix organizations, and comfortable in navigating both these dimensions.
· Experience working with large licensed brands (ie. Disney, Universal Pictures, Lamborghini, LEGO, MARVEL) is a plus.
· Experience in User Acquisition and other paid channels and networks or knowledge of media buying for PC/Console games is a plus.
· Great communication skills, English is a must-have.
· Proven ability to motivate and influence for a greater marketing impact – leadership is key to the success of this role.
· Able to plan, organize and successfully complete several projects simultaneously and within tight deadlines.
Why join Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
Join our SURVEY
As part of our recruitment process, we would like to know more about your interests when applying to Gameloft via this Survey. Your honest answers will have no impact on whether you will get the job or not. They will only be used to support our continuous efforts to match our Employer brand with our candidate’s expectations .
Are You Looking For a Fun Place to Work?Join The Game!
Why? Because joining our game means being part of a top innovator in the gaming field. Gameloft® is a leader in the development and publishing of games, creating them for all digital platforms with an astonishing audienceof 80 million monthly users. Our catalog includes every genre and our games are as varied as we are. We operate our own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partnerwith major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®.
We distribute our games in over 100 countries and employ 4,300 people worldwide. We embrace challenges and are always ready for the next big thing. Not convinced yet?
We have partnerships with high schools and universities all over the world and we support their activity by sharing knowledge and mentoring future professionals. We know the importance of knowledge sharing in order to build healthy and smart future generations. We grow talent and we push to be an example for youngsters by regularly hosting seminars for students, workshops for highschoolers and teachers. So, what do you say? Are you ready to be not just another face behind a computer screen, but a Gamelofter working in a supportive environment, who gets involved and gives back to the community?