Studio HR Manager
London, England, United Kingdom
12 days ago
As HR Manager, you will be responsible for London Studio’s HR strategy and the team’s day to day HR operations. You will help to develop an inclusive and highly motivated development team, driving team excellence internally and representing the studio’s HR activity in the wider Worldwide Studios and PlayStation HR team.
You’ll be a part of the Studio’s Leadership team, working alongside our Studio Heads, other Studio Directors and the Operations Team whose mission is to build, live and promote a great work environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO/YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will define and implement the studios HR strategy working alongside the Studio Heads.
- You will build strong relationships and work alongside other Worldwide Studio (WWS) HR Managers to share best practice and build a strong WWS HR community.
- You will lead all Studio HR projects and initiatives, including mental health, diversity, equity and inclusion and educational pipeline programmes.
- You will progress the Studios values, ensuring they are upheld across the Studio and embedded into all HR processes.
- You will maintain and proactively identify ways to improve the overall studio culture.
- You will provide advice and coaching to managers on a variety of day to day people matters, such as performance management, employee relations, sickness absence case management, etc.You will lead on all employee relations cases (including dismissals and settlement agreements), ensuring all cases are dealt with in a legally compliant, professional and compassionate way
- You will be the first point of contact for all day to day studio HR queries and ensure these are dealt with in line with relevant legislation and internal policies.
- You will manage all:
- remuneration logistics and local payroll approval
- staff attendance, absence and holiday balances
- on-boarding, probation periods and off boarding processes.
- benefits and supporting staff incentives.
- You will play a leading role in ensuring that we continuously develop our employees on both a professional and a personal level through relevant learning and development programmes
- You will lead on the Studio’s annual HR processes including appraisals, pay review and bonuses.
- You will lead and develop the studio HR and recruitment team as required in any future team growth
- You will support the recruitment process, alongside any in-house and external recruiters.
- You will be responsible for all administrative HR tasks including processing data, forms and letters to ensure the global HR team and the Studio Development team are supplied with accurate information and the HR Information System is maintained.
- You will report on relevant HR data and metrics required by internal and external stakeholders timely and accurately.
WHO YOU ARE/YOUR EXPERIENCE
- You have proven generalist HR experience including employee relations, employment law, performance management and coaching, either within the games industry or a similar creative sector
- You have strong working knowledge of employment law
- You have experience handling employee relations cases, including dismissals and drafting settlement agreements
- You are experienced in improving employee engagement
- You will ideally be CIPD qualified
- You have excellent knowledge of MS Office and HR Information Systems
- You are fluent in English
- You can work independently with minimal direction
- You are very organised
- You have exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- You can communicate clearly and persuasively at all levels
- You have business acumen – deep insight and a thorough understanding of or a strong ability to learn the business environment and industry in which we operate
We are absolutely committed to promoting and increasing diversity across the studio, welcoming applications from groups who are underrepresented in the games industry.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage all candidates to respond.