Studio Floor Manager
3 days ago
Two simple questions:
- Do you have experience in preparing stage and capture systems?
- Can you coordinate camera offset and lens calibration during lens changes?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, read on my friend!
Rebellion is a leading developer and publisher of games, and is also one of Europe’s biggest independent studios operating across books, comics, TV and film. Our Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 35 million players worldwide. The Zombie Army franchise is a spine-chilling zombie shooter, and the soon-to-be released Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder where YOU are the criminal mastermind!
And those are just the projects you know about – there are loads more!
We are looking for someone like you to become our all-new Studio Floor Manager and join our passionate and talented AudioMotion team, where we are building on the years of success they’ve has enjoyed.
Studio Floor Manager role:
The Studio Floor Manager is a new role dedicated to supervising the motion capture studio & camera tracking systems. You will be responsible for the setup of capture systems in a volume as well as establishing workflows with camera and Virtual Production departments to ensure quality data capture and stream during production. As part of the AudioMotion team, you will play a key role in supporting actors and performers during shoots and ensuring quality data capture and stream during production.
This role would suit someone with similar onset experience & extensive knowledge of live-action film production.
The Rebellion AudioMotion team is an award-winning VFX facility, specialising in Full Performance Capture & Production Services for the Film, TV and Video Game industries.
- Ensuring all equipment is working on the set, before and during show
- Overseeing motion capture system setup, calibration, and operation during shooting
- Prepare stage and capture systems for real-time capture in a live action shooting environment in collaboration with the Virtual Production Supervisor
- Oversee motion capture system setup, calibration, and operation during shooting
- Ensure quality real-time camera tracking data and the integrity of all captured data
- Verify position and alignment of tracked cameras in a volume
- Direct layout of motion capture cameras and make adjustments in response to changing conditions on set
- Responsible for maintenance of markers (passive and active) and tracking objects for use on cameras, props, occasionally actors, and for set registration
- Ensure tracking objects and other sensors (such as FIZ logger) are always attached and calibrated, to ensure quality real-time tracking data
- Coordinate camera offset and lens calibration during lens changes
- Ensure recording of motion capture and camera data for each take, keep slate names in sync with production
- Ensure synchronization of timecode between camera, audio and motion capture systems
- Responsible for uptime of the real-time data-stream
- Ensure all equipment is working on the set, before and during show
- Ensure set is clean and free of debris that might show up on camera
- Understand show pipeline in order to make changes when needed to sets and props.
- Brief clients & talent on what to expect during a shoot
- Working alongside Facilities Manager to keep studio facilities up to date in terms of appearance and storage of equipment.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.
- On-set experience required
- Timecode systems
- Must be able to execute technically difficult work
- Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects and live-action film production
- Must be detail oriented, highly organised and be able to handle a variety of tasks in tandem
- Fabrication skills for production and maintenance of tracking objects preferred
- Familiarity with video hardware and signals preferred
- Holiday: 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance: Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection: Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness: Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance: Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards: Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans: Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme: Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus: Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours: Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies: GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries