Studio Coordinator - Permanent, Part Time
19 days ago
Based in sunny Brighton and Hove, FuturLab, an award-winning game development studio are looking for an experienced part time Studio Coordinator. This is an ideal role for someone who is energetic, outgoing, empathetic and intuitive to the needs of others. Someone who loves to be organised, pays attention to detail and is happiest when busy. Knowledge and/or interest in video games is not required for this position though experience of setting up games consoles and PC's is advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills with a friendly, helpful and positive demeanor.
- Comfortable and proficient with Microsoft office software.
- Ability to multi-task and use own initiative.
- Able to demonstrate previous office and admin skills.
- Ability to organise your time efficiently.
- Smart, personable and presentable.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. Please note, we favour candidates who take the time to include a cover letter with their application.
- Keeping the studio tidy, includes sorting recycling and clearing kitchen and meeting rooms.
- Open and set up the studio for the day: emptying dishwasher, putting coffee on etc.
- Ensuring the kitchen is always stocked with tea, coffee, milk, fruit etc.
- Look after and water plants
- Manage the office electricity bills and meter readings.
- Assist with maintaining good Health and Safety, Fire Safety and First Aid practices around the office.
- Liaise with building manager and any other contractors when needed.
- Assist with the creation and ongoing management of an office hardware inventory.
- Setting up hardware in the office; including PC’s, webcams, games consoles and printers. As well as being able to troubleshoot any basic problems that arise.
- Pro-actively ordering stationary and other office supplies.
- Collecting and distributing post.
- Run errands to post office etc.
- Answering and directing phone calls on reception.
- Accepting and unpacking deliveries.
- Help to arrange social events and expos.
- Arranging transportation and accommodation for business trips.
This is a part time role with fixed hours of 8:30 to 13:30 Monday to Friday, with the potential for an increase in hours if the business needs change. This is not strictly a desk job, you will be actively moving around the office to keep the place tidy and organized, as well as running errands.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- £19,000 - £25,000 pro rata. 25 hours per week, salary dependent on experience.
- Competitive salary dependent on experience + performance related bonus
- Generous pension scheme
- Private health insurance
- Free remote therapy service
- 29 days holiday + duvet days
- 3 extra days off over the Christmas period
- Bike2work scheme
- Free eye test + standard glasses for display work
- Staff referral bonus
- Regular social activities
- Birthday cake!