11 days ago
YOUR IMPACT AS STUDIO CONTROLLER
You (yes, you!) will contribute to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all financial tasks. You’re involved in all things financial, but an expert that oversees financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, payroll, and analysis while continuously driving all financial processes and systems. You are an expert in processes and will strengthen financial control to facilitate sound decisions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN YOUR DAY-TO-DAY:
- Provide leadership to our Finance team, overseeing all functions from accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and budgeting.
- Oversee our month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closings effectively and efficiently, producing accurate and timely financial reports. You’ll be the key point to effectively communicate financial information to all relevant parties as needed.
- Maintain and develop the finance team, recruiting, hiring, and managing future employees.
- Prepare reports on audit findings and make strategic recommendations for improving the studio’s accounting and management practices.
- Develop and maintain cost finding, reporting, and internal control procedures.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly product consolidated reports.
- Create various ROI scenarios for new initiatives.
- Prepare operating expense forecasts, budgets, variance analysis, & ad hoc financial information as required.
- Partner with Studio GM’s on KPI’s and business planning.
- Assist with merger and acquisition integration, including centralizing and aligning processes with LDRLY and future acquisitions.
- Assist with public company reporting and facilitate annual audits.
*** Duties & responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU BRING TO ESG:
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA-CA/CMA/CGA) with membership in good standing with the CPABC.
- 5+ years of post CPA qualification experience or proven success as a full-cycle accountant.
- 3+ years of solid relevant industry experience in financial reporting or accounting roles in the tech sector.
- Experience as a financial leader in tech, with revenues under $100M.
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing or improving policies, procedures, and controls used in accounting systems.
- Experience with employee benefits.
- A passion for games in the casual/mobile space!
- A gamer, particularly mobile games, but we still love you if you’ve imagined your own board game, play console games, or enjoy other online experiences.
- Hungry, humble, and smart, and can use these three pillars to impact you and those around you.
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly, but with intention.
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated, and diligent.
- Community-minded, whereby a collective mission of the project is a shared priority.
- Empathic, compassionate, and curious.
- Your values are governed by justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games – a pillar in beautiful Vancouver’s gaming community. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined the narrative, idle gaming space with huge IPs that reach the lives of millions globally... And we’re just getting started! Culture rules here, and that’s what makes us unique. We put people at the core of what we do. We believe that you can steer the ship of your career, and we anchor through support, trust, and connection. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share a drink with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits! We note that our culture is not a monolith, and is ever-changing based on the folks holding space at East Side Games.
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and will utilize the strengths you bring to foster your growth and the studio’s growth. If this sounds like everything you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together. We can’t wait to hear from you!