9 days ago
Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play!
Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, low ego, and hardworking professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are passionate about makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you'll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
About this Role
Playco is looking for a talented leader who enjoys building teams, building products, managing and mentoring top tier engineers, and leading teams to market success by delivering exciting new games. You will experience a dynamic environment where all great ideas are valued and be encouraged to be part of the creative game making process as well as drive innovation in technology. These are new and innovative games prime for success in a very fast paced environment.
You will need to work with artists, product managers, and engineers to deliver fast and iteratively, adjusting to deliver products in short time frames. You will be responsible for hiring, mentoring, and growing the careers of engineers and engineering managers. You will collaborate and be a part of the product and to develop new features for our Line games. You will ensure that the software developed is technically sound by having the ability to deep dive into the details of the services and algorithms.
- Proven ability to architect and operate large-scale systems.
- Ability to contribute product ideas and features in games.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to use hard data and metrics to backup assumptions, analyze product features, and diagnose technical issues.
- Proven ability to set and execute against goals spanning multiple teams and areas of responsibility.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects concurrently while keeping them all on track.
- Ability to understand and speak on technical concepts, schedule trade-offs, and new ideas with both technical and non-technical employees.
- Ability to manage and mentor engineers and managers of varying levels, including conducting 1:1s, giving regular feedback, and helping grow these individuals in their careers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of management experience.
- Experience managing teams of engineers and their engineering managers.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work well with people.
- High attention to detail.
- History of teamwork and willingness to do what is needed to get the job done.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- We are a growing distributed team that embraces remote work. You must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment in multiple time zones.
- Bilingual in Japanese and English.
- Experience using Typescript, NodeJS, WebGL programming languages and frameworks
Playco is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We believe that our differences are our strength and we know that diversity builds a better team.