Studio BI Analyst
London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
13 days ago
Does the challenge of creating an exciting AAA Free to Play game at a new studio excite you? Here at Wargaming UK you have the chance to join a new creative project at the early stages of game development. You can leave your mark on the game and be part of creating something truly unique.
We are self-publishing our own title, and are fully funded by Wargaming.net, one of the biggest publishers of FTP games in the world. Our studio leadership are industry veterans, and we believe we’re building a great studio culture in the best studio space in Guildford. If you think you have the talent to join a world class team, we’d love you to come and look at our studio.
See what press are saying about our new project:
We are looking for an experienced Analyst who can work hand in hand with data engineers and our studio team to develop a legendary understanding of our players (how we acquired them, how they play, what they enjoy, what they struggle with, and why they might leave). Your job would be to analyze (in some cases pull) the data and provide actionable recommendations to marketers, game developers, and business leaders on how to enhance and optimize efficiencies in all areas of the player life cycle.
What will you do?
- Design, draft, and produce reporting in support of studio and game BI reporting requirements.
- Interface with game team and BI staff to identify information requirements, data sources, business rules, and impacts.
- Build and manage statistical and predictive models utilizing external and internal research data.
- Demonstrate ability to deliver an unbiased, fact driven approach to research.
- Primary areas of analysis:
- Gameplay development (user experience, UI testing, player engagement, gameplay balance, player churn)
- Secondary areas of analysis:
- Marketing (player acquisition funnel, marketing effectiveness)
- Finance and Operations (Development and monitoring of business KPIs, Forecasting)
- Competitive analysis
What are we looking for?
- Bachelors (Masters/PhD preferred) degree from an accredited university (equivalent experience accepted) in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Business, Economics, or Marketing Analytics.
- At least 3 years of experience conducting quantitative or qualitative research in the entertainment industry. Experience with video game publishers/developers or video game market research firms a plus
- Track record of effective communication skills both onsite and over video-conference
- Experienced in the use of statistical modeling and data mining techniques
- Knowledge of statistical software such as SPSS, SAS and R
- Experience using NoSQL or similar as a primary telemetry solution
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Passionate about video gaming and more specifically, multi-player online games
- High integrity and ability to work with confidential information
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Strong computer literacy
- Extremely detail oriented
- Can work independently
- Understanding of SQL and other query languages highly preferred
- Experienced working with Web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Omniture, Alexa) is a plus
- Experience with Oracle databases and Tableau highly preferred
- Experience in marketing, conjoint research, or focus groups a plus
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!