Student Software Engineer in Test
17 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Student Software Engineer in Test
R&D are PlayStation’s technology experts. We develop innovative technologies that push the boundaries of play, helping game developers make the best games on PlayStation by creating a world class SDK.
Reporting to the Manager of the T&R team, you will join a small team of engineers delivering state of the art Software Test Development, Development support and Continuous Integration technologies for the PlayStation R&D team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Learning about PlayStation tools, systems and products
- Take an active role in supporting development work (multiple R&D projects)
- Writing code (C++/C or similar) to improve test efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support code quality, static analysis, continuous integration, bespoke test frameworks and other systems
- Help drive project quality and implement suitable tools and processes
- Working with multiple teams, communicating with teams worldwide
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrable C/C++ programming skills to a good standard
- Completed initial year(s) of a software development related multi-year sandwich degree, such as software engineering, computer science or equivalent and is looking for a work placement
- Good team working and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
Nice to have
- Experience of source code control systems, build systems, compile environments, VMs and other related DevOps systems and processes
- Knowledge of PlayStation consoles, SDKs or host tools.
- Knowledge of writing test cases for APIs and console applications
- Knowledge or experience of Agile, Waterfall and similar development methodologies
- Knowledge or experience in Lua, C#, Python or similar scripting languages
- Experience with Visual Studio and support tools
- Experience of Jenkins, Static Code Analysis tools, Code Coverage
- Games development background – especially in console development
- Experience in using testing frameworks such as CppUnit
- Experience in test automation
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
For more information about our benefits, please visit our Careers site.