This job might no longer be available.
14 days ago
Job Title:Student Associate
- Must be pursuing a bachelors, masters, or PhD majoring in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or a related technical field and graduating December 2023 or later.
- Curious, dedicated, analytical, and excited to play with data.
Machine Learning (Consumer Technology): Leverage data, game APIs, and creative marketing to build an engaging experience for players outside of the console or PC, working on challenging projects that apply your education and critical thinking abilities to have an impact on business initiatives, working on machine learning models, analyzing KPIs, participating in the design and code review process and partnering with other engineers in a collaborative environment.
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture.
- Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms.
- Ability to write robust code in Python.
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras , PyTorch, Tensorflow) and libraries (like scikit-learn).
Data Science (Franchise Models): Help develop and operationalize machine learning models that impact Game Operations, Marketing, CRM, and Business Planning. Contribute to the goal of understanding and improving consumer/player experiences.
- Programming proficiency in Python and/or R.
- Knowledge of Spark.
- Knowledge of data systems, relational databases, querying with SQL.
- Experience with engineering tools and methods (github, unit testing, continuous integration, etc.).
- Experience with machine learning tools (SciKit-Learn, TensorFlow, etc.).
Data Science: Be a core component of the most successful Mobile gaming business through analytical excellence. Be part of a business that moves at breakneck speed and delivers the most engaging experiences to our players and fans.
- Specialize in one of the following areas: deep learning, reinforcement learning, computer graphics, or recommendation systems.
- Ability to write robust code in Python.
- Database querying (e.g., Big Query)
- Experience building and evaluating machine learning or statistical models
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras, PyTorch, Tensorflow) and libraries (like scikit-learn).
- Proficient in object-oriented programming
Data Analytics: Be a core component of the most successful Mobile gaming business by working closely with internal teams across Product, Production, User Acquisition, Development, Design, Leadership, and other decision-makers on our games to deliver critical insights to support strategic business and marketing decisions.
- Majoring or taking coursework in a related field (business intelligence, analytics, etc.)
- Familiarity with query languages (i.e. SQL) or enterprise data visualization software (i.e. Tableau)
- Familiarity with gaming, digital, entertainment industries, or scientific research fields
- Explore game or player data in various contexts.
- Use modern data science methods to analyze data.
- Visualize and interpret analytical results.
- Spend a summer focusing on a meaningful project that directly impacts game development while having an unparalleled experience.
- Participate in learning and development tech talks to understand how our employees come together to launch AAA games
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $20.00 - $50.00 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.