Strategy Team Lead
Seoul, South Korea
10 days ago
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Strategy Team Lead, you will work on diverse strategic topics and collaborate with Rioters across teams and disciplines. Your broad skill set and sharp business insight will help us address some of Riot’s toughest issues.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight knit group of exceptionally bright minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Lead Strategy team : Effectively prioritizes work against current phase/deliverable/milestone goals. Able to identify the best opportunities for strategy in a given time period, determine deliverables, and build a roadmap to get there. Positively contribute to the culture of team. Lead cross collaboration with across functions
- Develop & implement company wide strategic initiatives and operational plans
- Communicate strategic recommendations and product outcomes to business leaders and decision makers
- Guide product & revenue strategy and forecasting : Work with product owner to ensure product strategy is rigorous, grounded in solid business fundamentals, matches the reality of the world, delivers substantial value for players, and is executable by the team. For example:
- Publishing strategy refinement and development across organization
- Forecasting and shotcalling of product performance and working with leaders to establish better structures for review and accountability
- 8~10 years of experience at a corporate strategy, new business development or a top consulting firm
- Comprehensive understanding of business operations, intelligence, and insights
- Strong analytical ability and critical thinking skills to evaluate initiatives that impact revenue or players against targets (players, revenue) used for strategic planning / state of business health
- Organized, outcome-focused, and comfortable with running multiple work streams
- Can identify financial reporting needs to drive visibility and accountability throughout the organization and manage execution of dashboards/reports
- Fluency in English, communication & collaboration
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master Degree in relevant field from top institutions preferred, not required
- Passionate about games and the player experience. Able to empathize with the joys and plights of players
- Able to work in and handle ambiguity
- Self-directed, independent thinker who is also adept at cross functional collaboration
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.