Music Strategy Manager
11 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
You will join the team that is shaping the future of Music by bringing the best of Twitch – live video, interaction, community and monetization – to artists of all sizes. You will report to the Head of Music Strategy.
You will help us design and accomplish the vision, strategy, and goals that we employ to grow Music on Twitch. You will explore ways to shape music creator growth and monetization. You will also establish and incubate new businesses, evaluate partnership opportunities, and look for ways to guide more value for music creators both on and off Twitch. You will support strategic planning, our performance tracking, and analytics for Music on Twitch. The team works across teams to influence executive-level.
- Uncover and structure business problems and opportunities
- Create strategic recommendations through synthesis of data, analysis, and hypothesis testing
- Design business reports and performance tracking dashboards
- Work with analysts to make sure the right data is being collected to answer the right questions
- Lead our plans, long-term strategies, resource allocation, and goal setting
- Maintain understanding of the evolving music industry to inform strategy
- Present work to senior-level partners
- Manage projects across go-to-market and product teams
- Promote action against recommendations
- Identify adjacent businesses and categories that the music team can explore
- 5+ years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, investment banking, and strategic finance
- (e.g., Excel (can write advanced macros) modeling, strategic framing)
- Understanding of financial P&Ls
- Experience working within the music industry and knowledge of music licensing complexities
- Proficiency in SQL
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.