Strategic Planning Manager
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Strategic Planning Manager
The D2C Planning team drives accountability for business results through empowering leadership with data & intelligence, implementing critical metric frameworks linked to our goals and accurate forecasting & planning. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, who are passionate about e-commerce and inspired by being at the forefront of gaming monetisation.
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Planning, the Strategic Planning Manager will be responsible for modelling and scenario planning for all major D2C projects and new initiatives. The role will be focused on the long-term strategy of D2C, ensuring that PlayStation remains the best place to play in the years to come by being at the forefront of innovation. We are looking for a strong collaborator who is highly commercial, with experience crafting business cases & modelling strategic initiatives. The role will be working across all areas of the business with a wide range of partners, so communication is key.
What you'll be doing:
- Build out models that can be used for scenario planning for the D2C mid range plan and be able to articulate core assumptions and rationale behind them.
- Work closely with the BP forecasting team to ensure a good understanding of current trends and how they may move in the long term, ensuring terminologies and methodologies remain consistent when building out long term models
- You will work closely with teams across D2C to gain a thorough understanding of how the business operates and what role each team plays in the running of the store
- Be able to analyse the risks and opportunities that may be faced when undertaking new strategic initiatives and act as a sounding board for teams involved to provide a commercial lens
- Build out a framework to assess strategic initiatives that the teams across D2C are undertaking in order to provide a return on investment
- Be able to objectively prioritise multiple projects across multiple functions and provide senior leadership with a clear understanding of the rationale
- You will use insights and expertise from across SIE, aligning on assumptions & definitions to build out thoughtful and robust business cases
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years’ experience in Consulting, Investment banking or similar with exposure to modelling, scenario planning & crafting strategic business cases
- BSc/BA in Economics, Science, Mathematics or MBA preferred
- Passionate gamer or experience within the Gaming industry an advantage
Preferred Qualities: e.g -
- Strong analytical skills including Microsoft excel and BI/ data visualization tools
- Ability to navigate successfully across a complex organizational landscape
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas and present sophisticated analysis to senior leaders
- Proven track record to work collaboratively across different functions
- Ability to self-manage, balancing multiple projects and priorities through to successful conclusion
- International travel may be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours to support global business operations
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.