Strategic Planning Manager
6 days ago
At Improbable, we believe that the next revolution in entertainment and society will come from massive virtual worlds. They will create new economies and opportunities globally, changing not just how we play, but how we work and relate to each other. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to build the next generation of technologies for online multi-user games and simulations. As part of that, we are launching a series of ground-breaking titles to players around the world.
At Improbable, you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We’re motivated by the fulfilment of solving hard problems to achieve something profound and transformative.
As the Strategic Planning Manager you will be an individual contributor within the Finance & Strategy group empowered to work directly with our executives, finance team and leaders of the different business units and corporate functions to develop the group level long-range and annual strategic plans, enabling leadership to steer the business and optimise capital allocation. You will be trusted to manage the strategic planning and run a market feedback loop for the validation and iteration of strategy and investment decisions. You will also partner with other members of the Finance and Strategy team in providing business unit decision support in the form of analytical support, insight and consultation on key business decisions across business unit strategy, commercial deals and potential external partnerships.
Areas for Impact
- Managing the long range strategic planning process at the company group level and assisting with the annual planning
- Extracting insights from market intelligence (research and analysis of market trends and competition) to inform decision-making and the validation/iteration of company strategy
- Prioritising the company’s target markets and verticals by maintaining accurate and up-to-date estimates of the sizing of our addressable markets and their segmentation
- Performing scenario modelling to test different hypotheses as an input into strategy and as a basis for making recommendations
- Partnering with the business (including Engineering, Marketing and other teams) to prepare end-to-end business cases to greenlight new products or verticals
- Ensuring business units and corporate strategies are aligned through annual & quarterly goal setting with commercial & Product teams
- Tracking and analysing performance at the company level to identify the underlying drivers and surface emerging issues that warrant the attention of the executive team/ Analysing company capital allocation and returns, as an input to optimising investment choices
- Managing the process for green lighting product/feature investment
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Passionate and enthusiastic about games and/or the gaming industry
- Skilled in financial analysis and business modelling (Experienced in Excel, Bigquery/SQL is a bonus) in the context of companies with multiple business/product lines
- Experienced in managing the strategic planning process end-to-end
- Skilled in project management - having managed projects end-to-end (from conception through to implementation and post implementation assessment)
- Experienced in distilling large amounts of information into concise, summarised observations, reports and dashboards appropriate for different audiences (experience with Tableau or Looker is a bonus)
- Lateral influencer with excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Able to present problems, fact-based assessments of their causes and solution plans in a clear and concise manner
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.