Strategic Initiatives Associate
12 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Strategic Initiatives Associate
San Mateo, CA
The role reports to the Director, Strategy Management for the Global Sales and Business Operations (GSBO) team. GSBO teams are located in countries across the globe, balancing local relevance with a global perspective. Across our Direct to Consumer, channel partners, and services business, our teams work cross-functionally to bring the best of the PlayStation experience to markets and channels around the world.
As part of GSBO, the Strategy Management and Initiatives team will track all strategy-related activities across the organization to ensure coordinated action and execution. The core areas of focus are goals tracking, organizational alignment, strategy planning and reviews, knowledge management, and initiative management. In addition to running the strategy activities, the team is also responsible for the internal department communication strategy and, in conjunction with HR, driving and carrying out employee focused initiatives (i.e. learning and development, diversity, equity, and inclusion programs, etc.)
The Strategic Initiatives Associate will focus on two main areas of responsibilities:
- Drive employee alignments and engagement across GSBO. These projects will range in topics from internal communication, employee recognition, employee connectedness, and overall new global ways of working. They will help organize and lead our Employee Engagement Committee, generating ideas for initiatives to foster a better overall employee experience.
- Using graphical skills to visualize, design, and communicate compelling narrative, they will describe and illustrate a strategy or initiative. The role will work closely with the growth strategy team to understand a new opportunity for the future and apply skills to help communicate that vision.
The role is global in scope, and across all GSBO functions and geographies. This role will provide resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems, and will use judgement within defined policies and practices. They will develop approaches to solutions, and work will be evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives have been met. Will have frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. This role represent the organization on projects and may perform in a project leadership role. The ideal candidate should be an enthusiastic and flexible teammate, possessing excellent planning skills, a collaborative approach, and an effective communicator.
What you'll be doing:
- In partnership with the Director of Strategy Management as well as the HR business partner develop people focused strategies and initiatives to drive improvements in employee engagement.
- Lead all aspects of people initiatives and ensuring they are completed time and on budget.
- Design and visually communicate the materials for new strategies and initiatives to executive leadership.
- Support and at times facilitate cross-functional working groups to run business related initiatives.
- Developing effective, multi-tiered communication strategies to educate and inform employees on resources and solutions developed to address difficulties.
- Co-author GSBO wide communications such as Town Halls, Teams Channel updates, newsletters, to address feedback and communicate improvements.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Project management experience and skills
- Graphical design skills
- Visual communication skills
- The ability to act as a motivated, reliable, self-starter who uses initiative to work proactively.
- The ability to understand the team’s needs as well as the needs of other teams: resourceful in finding solutions to business problemsAnalytical and adept at getting to the heart of complex issues.
- An ability to run multiple tasks and projects and drive exceptional results
- Relationship builder - being an influencing and occasionally persuasive person
- Able to identify and develop opportunities to improve, innovate and/or pioneer new ways of working through continuous process improvement practices
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.