Strategic Finance Lead - Games
8 days ago
The Games Studios Finance team at Riot is dedicated to helping Riot’s most senior leadership make the best decisions for Players. Our team strives to provide the strongest analysis and insights on game development and operations at Riot while looking for ways to improve processes to unlock our developers’ focus to deliver the highest value to our players.
The Strategic Finance Lead for Games Pillar will be a member of the Strategic Finance department within the Games Pillar group and will support the Valorant Studios leadership team and the Teams within. The Strategic Finance III role will develop financial guidance and processes and lead collaboration across multiple teams within the studio as well amongst the Games Pillar group to build comparable financial reporting and analytics with high data integrity to give senior decision makers a understanding of their studio’s and departments’ strategies.
- Work with Studio Leadership, its Business Unit leads and the Games Pillar Strategic Finance team members to create tools, standardized reports, establish consistent and best practices around financial reporting and analysis to empower decision-making for the studio
- Provide analysis on cross-BU financial challenges (data, process, analytical) and align partners around recommendations that lead to the best operational results
- Help assess long-term goals, growth strategy and expansion opportunities to maximize value for each Department within Valorant Studios through cross team integration to provide a holistic financial health viewpoint
- Provide guidance, set policies & standards, and define best practices around strategic planning and forecasting (SPF) process with Games Pillar leads and Games Pillar Finance team members
- Monitoring department accuracy of financial performance by analyzing P&Ls, compare actuals to forecasts, and work with Strategic Finance leads to ensure efficient resource allocation (headcount and financial)
- Mentor and guide Games Pillar Finance team members to help grow career paths while leading efforts on pillar wide projects and processes relating to cost and financial processes/standards
- Liaise with central Finance, Tax and Treasury, Accounting and Purchasing functions to provide support to Games Pillar
- 8+ years experience in finance, consulting or corporate strategy, or 6+ years experience
- Experience collaborating and supporting large/complex product development within Tech/Media/Entertainment
- Prior experience with full product P&L analysis to help facilitate product team discussions
- Ability to create practical recommendations
- Experience with collaborating across multiple teams and partners
- Experience creating reports and presentations that are easily understood by the less monetarily minded
- Financial modeling experience and solid accounting foundation with the ability to easily translate high-level input and ideas into financial or operating models
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $138,000 USD - $192,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.