Strategic Finance Director, Mobile Games
8 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Job Title: Strategic Finance Director, Mobile Games
Location: San Mateo or remote within California, but open for other locations for right candidate
The Finance Director will be a finance business partner to PlayStation Mobile organization and responsible for strategic financial work supporting PlayStation expansion into mobile platform. We are looking for a candidate that brings knowledge of and experience in mobile business and its value drivers into the role gained either in other mobile development or publishing companies. The role will provide strategic finance support to any projects resulting from execution of PlayStation Studios strategy (e.g. M&A projects, strategic partnerships, etc.). Given the dynamic nature of the role responsibilities described below, additional duties may be assigned.
- Day-to-day business finance business partner to PlayStation Mobile organization and supporting
- Performing financial and commercial analysis and forming recommendations for mobile business development projects (e.g. new external projects, strategic partnerships and M&A deals)
- Drive strategic analysis for mobile projects, translating business model strategy into financial outcomes
- Support Production and Product Management teams in the design and execution of user acquisition, retention, and monetization strategies for the mobile games
- Data-driven financial modeling of key strategic initiatives within mobile portfolio to provide insight on impact on players acquisition, engagement, and monetization
- Performing complex data analysis and translating them into insights and findings as well as storytelling-style presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Be an expert resource on mobile industry business practices, including business models/performance and product pipelines
- Perform industry research and benchmarking analysis of the mobile gaming industry
- Create financial transparency on PlayStation Mobile profit and loss
- Own financial planning and analysis (FP&A) activities including annual budget, quarterly forecasting, as well as annual budget cycle as well as mid-range planning (MRP) on one or more titles in mobile portfolio
- Provide ad-hoc analysis where required
Qualifications & Skills:
- BA/BS in business, strategy, finance, economics or related field; MBA and/or CFA designation preferred
- 7+ years of strategic finance (valuations, modelling, market analysis, contracting) or business development experience
- Experience in mobile gaming industry in development and/or publishing is a must
- Self-starter, showing initiative and ability to work independently
- Passion and energy for working in gaming industry
- Ability and willingness to do detailed work and complex financial analysis
- Ability to translate analysis into insights and findings and storytelling-style presentations
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong data analysis and financial modeling skills
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong work ethic and confidentiality a must
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, working through uncertainty under various time constraints
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.