Strategic Finance Associate
3 months ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
Skillz is pioneering the competitive mobile gaming experience, leveraging its patented technology to power over two billion esports tournaments a year. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports leagues and franchises.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking a data-driven and people-oriented Finance & Strategy Sr Associate, who will serve as the primary FP&A business partner for the investor relations and corporate development organization. As an FP&A business partner, you will support all financial and operational aspects of investor relations and corporate development, including but not limited to M&A integrations and diligence, long-term strategic planning, and competitive market analysis for new verticals. The ideal candidate for this role has a consulting or banking background and is comfortable with a dynamic work environment.
What You Will Do :
- Provide exceptional financial and operational support for the investor relations and corporate development teams
- Own M&A diligence and manage integrations into Skillz
- Assist with all investor relations and corporate development SEC reporting
- Manage the company’s long term strategic goals and model financial impact
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; preferably Mathematics, Finance, Accounting or similar fields
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in consulting, investment banking, or strategic finance
- Experience using Anaplan to create and maintain financial forecasts
- Intermediate SQL / Database experience
- Exceptional business model building experience
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly evolving environment
- Experience working in a fast-growing technology company preferred
- “Can do” attitude and team player
- Detail and action-oriented
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .