This job might no longer be available.
Strategic Finance Analyst
7 months ago
Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 450 million times by players around the world. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game. As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games .
As a Strategic Finance Analyst on the Finance team, you will be responsible for contributing insights into our financial performance and assisting with strategic and operational initiative s . Our ideal candidate is a resourceful individual who can learn quickly in a fast-paced environment and understands how to drive initiatives across the finish line in a timely and efficient manner.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop financial models that guide our strategic decision-making on revenue drivers, new R&D projects, and user acquisition
- Partner with and assist our game teams in managing their P&L by forecasting revenue and managing their cost structure against budget
- Execute data-driven and in-depth financial analyses for decision-making by assessing informational needs and developing sustainable processes and tools
- Track KPI trends and forecast the impact of new product initiatives, new user intake, and market trends
- Translate company goals into annual financial projections, backed by market data
What You Bring to the Finance team:
- 1 - 3 years of full time experience within a relevant finance or operations role
- Expert financial modeling and scenario analysis skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- The ability to work in a nimble environment and the desire to challenge the status-quo and drive improvements for Pocket Gems
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Extra Gems For:
- Experience working with SQL or Tableau
- Passion for games
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.