14 days ago
"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will help in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
The Challenge Ahead:
Motive is looking for an outstanding Storyboard Artist with experience and a ability to design & visualize motion sequences, concepts designs and production art. You will originate and contribute ideas and run with a loose description and can work to creative direction by others and adapt and update boards whilst scripts are being developed.
What a Storyboard Artist does at Ghost:
The Storyboard Artist is fluent in visual storytelling and the principles of cinematic camera movement & planning. They have a ability to think in 3D and quickly create drawings to illustrate motion scenes, involving characters, vehicles, objects and environments.
You can offer a variety of shot solutions using different camera setups and approaches.
A scalable drawing style is advantageous, ranging from quick sketches to more refined and detailed drawings. Knowledge of 2D video animatic creation using software such as Adobe Premiere or After Effects will is also beneficial.
The Storyboard Artist also needs:
Storyboard Artists are accomplished artists with professional production experience. From a technical standpoint, they have drawing and painting skills in color and black and white and they have experience with Photoshop and knowledge of other digital paint programs. A Storyboard Artist's portfolio should demonstrate the following:
- Sequential storyboard sketches showing a variety of content and camera movement
- Both initial planning and finished storyboard drawing examples
- Annotations showing knowledge of cinematic camera language
- design skills and original idea development
- traditional illustration skills in multiple media and excellent drawing skills
- ability to think in 3D and draw in perspective
- Use color, light and shadow
- Enjoy working with specific styles, including a style set by another artist or art director
- A motivation to improve everything and to make a difference
Additional, nice to have experience:
- Understanding of 3D content creation tools (Maya)
- Create photo-realistic matte style paintings