This job might no longer be available.
Storyboard Artist - Legends of Runeterra
Los Angeles, California, United States
13 days ago
Legends of Runeterra (LoR) is our new collectible card game (CCG) featuring beloved Champions from the League of Legends universe. On our team, we’re looking for a Storyboard Artist who can help visualize our VFX storytelling inside of LoR.
As a Storyboard Artist within LoR, you will report to the Art Director, and join a group of artists creating VFX moments for League’s greatest champions. You will be visualizing both complex gameplay moments with beautiful VFX as well as excite players with powerful thematic moments like champion level ups in the Runeterra universe. A great portfolio will showcase the requisite drawing skills, animation knowledge, an understanding of cinematography, and a passion for story and gameplay.
- Create storyboards and potentially animatics to visualize complex gameplay mechanics as well as quick thematic story sequences.
- Collaborate with the team to solve for visual target, timing and gameplay clarity of Visual Effects (VFX) and champion moments.
- Render key visuals for VFX reference.
- Render elements for production assets for the VFX team.
- Fluency in language of cinema - advanced understanding of action, staging, and camera
- Draw and render out high-quality assets for production / visualization
- Experience working with relevant painting/design/boarding tools
- Experience working with multiple games, feature films, television series, or comics as a Storyboard Artist
- Desire to collaborate and iterate with a cross-discipline development team on ideas.
- Concept design experience
- Working knowledge of League of Legend's game and universe
- Portfolio demonstrating a variety of rendered VFX or story reels
- Passion for card games (CCG)
- Understand game development process and technical knowledge
As a part of the application process we require a portfolio highlighting your Storyboard work history and experience. Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).