Storage & Virtualization Architect
Montreal QC ca
12 days ago
As a storage / virtualization architect, you will join the Ubisoft IT department, more specifically within the "Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions" team. This team is made up of project managers, developers and technical architects covering several technological domains (network, security, storage, system, collaboration). You will join a division whose goal is to design and deploy technical solutions that support the activities of Ubisoft employees around the world.
- Innovating solutions and tools that meet project needs while managing feasibility and associated risks;
- Define the technological vision (e.g. roadmap) and guide the design of new solutions or the evolution of existing technical solutions;
- Propose coherent and efficient solutions, ensuring their scalability, modularity and compatibility;
- Acts as the primary contact to analyze and resolve solution and ecosystem issues related to his or her area of expertise;
- Communicate on capabilities and constraints to communicate associated uses and best practices;
- Define the measures and tools necessary for technical solutions to deliver quality service (stability and performance);
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of Ubisof's infrastructure and make recommendations that best meet the ambitions and expectations of the projects;
- Produce documentation on the technical solutions and the ecosystem for future reference and consultation.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or computer engineering or any other equivalent training and experience.
Relevant experience :
- Minimum of 2 years experience as an IT architect or any other experience relevant to the job.
- Excellent knowledge of storage technologies (ex: Isilon, Windows file server, Ceph, Samba, NFS-Ganesha);
- Excellent knowledge of Linux systems;
- In-depth knowledge of the latest tools, consoles and technologies in the field of video games is required;
- Good knowledge of automation and related technologies (Python, Ansible, Gitlab, CI/CD);
- Good technical knowledge of virtualization (e.g. VMWARE ESXi, vSAN);
- Good technical knowledge on backup topics (e.g. Netbackup MSDP);
- Knowledge in C# development is an asset;
- Understanding of cloud services deployment (AWS, GCP, Azure) is an asset;
- Understanding of the DevOps concept and technologies used in Infrastructure-As-Code (CI/CD tools, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Micro-services, etc.) is an asset;
- Knowledge of written/spoken English at a professional level.
- Ability to work in English at a professional level:
- Leadership, ability to influence and ability to motivate a group;
- Ability to give feedback and help others grow;
- Good analytical and synthesizing skills and the ability to solve complex problems;
- Be flexible in organizing one's work;
- Ability to work in a team at the international level;
- Able to adapt to change.
You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, an open learning environment, and contribute to an international team driving innovation.
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in Montreal, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.