This job might no longer be available.
Senior Manager, Stock Administration
7 months ago
Discord is looking for someone to join our team to lead Stock Administration. You'll manage the hands-on, end-to-end administration of Discord's global equity plans, including equity grants, option exercises, RSU releases and more. You have a track record in stock plan administration. You will run the administration of our global equity programs and will partner with Accounting, Finance, Legal and HR to ensure that processes and roles support the Company. The Stock Administrator will also serve as the contact for all inquiries related to equity. You can be based in any of our US offices or remotely within the US.
What you'll be doing
- Manage the daily administration of our stock plans globally including eligibility, approvals, processing stock option and restricted stock unit awards, exercises and settlements, tax withholdings, expirations, cancelations, repurchases, terminations and other plan-related actions
- Partner with other functional leads (including in Legal, HR and Finance) to develop processes which ensure the accuracy of all equity data including all aspects of record-keeping, withholding, reporting, reconciliation and auditing
- Work to create stock reports as requested; assist with stock-related disclosures and with internal, external audits and investigations related to stock matters
- Conduct various stock analysis, modeling and testing
- Help create communication materials and presentations to support analysis, and implementation of programs
- Ensure that all forms of equity compensation are administered following the terms and conditions of the plan(s) under which they are granted
- Manage the overall quarterly calendar of various stock administration related activities
- Design and implement educational sessions, presentations, and communication materials for the global employee base to support understanding of equity programs and policies
- Provide a superior level of service and prioritizing and satisfying multiple questions and requests from employees, management, and others supporting employee understanding of stock plan services, enrollment, and transactions
- Assist efforts to improve the stock administration function, including improving and introducing additional best practices with controls, automate routine workstreams and paperwork processes to ensure more efficient, accurate, and processing of stock administration matters and reports
- Prepare monthly and annual reconciliation of all equity information and maintain SOX compliance
- Prepare quarterly and yearly disclosures for stock plans and stock-based compensation expense for reporting and audit purposes
- Lead system improvement and implementation as needed
What you should have
- 7+ years of relevant experience in administration of global equity plans (CEP designation is preferred);
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Working knowledge of equity plans and multiple equity types;
- Experience working directly with major third-party equity software systems (Carta, Equity Edge, Shareworks)
- Experience partnering with other teams, including legal, HR, tax, payroll, accounting, and FP&A
- Broad experience with a range of equity compensation instruments and plans
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.