8 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation’s San Diego Studio is seeking a Programmer to join the team behind the critically acclaimed “MLB - The Show” game series.
In this role you will work with the game stats and save data implementation that form the basis for our gameplay systems. Systems worked on may include serialization/unserialization of data structures, custom database solutions, and many more. You will work closely with the designers, other engineers, and producers to identify problems, provide solutions, and improve the quality of the game play experience.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy.
- Designing and implementing low level systems to support higher-level programmers and pipelines
- Designing and implementing systems and tools to support designer needs.
- Helping maintain and improve existing systems.
- Writing clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code.
- Follow coding standards and best practices
- Profiling and performance tuning of code and systems to remove bottlenecks.
- As needed work on tools and technology tasks to support specific project requirements.
- Testing and debugging of your code and that of others past and present.
- Minimum of 4 years game industry programming experience.
- Expertise in C++ and console game development.
- Developed and shipped several games on consoles
- Self-motivated with good communication skills.
- Able and motivated to work with other team members.
- Commitment to code quality, and sound testing procedures.
- B.S. degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of baseball
- Familiar with Agile game development.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.